Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clearance needed between windage tray & crank???

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 11:45 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JRracing
I'm on the NE side of 465, in Lawrence. I will check into the spacers tomorrow. If you could help me degree it, that would be great cause I don't know **** about it..
Alright. I might go to Pat's this weekend, I will see if he would want to buzz down and drop off the cutters, and I can degree it, and check PTV real quick?
Old 09-15-2008, 09:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JPH
Alright. I might go to Pat's this weekend, I will see if he would want to buzz down and drop off the cutters, and I can degree it, and check PTV real quick?

This is going to be a really bussy weekend for me. Daughters first birthday on Friday night, and then the big camaro show that we the cicc are putting on at IMS. I will be out there from morning to night. You and Pat should come down for the day and check it out. You pay for a ticket to the museum and get into the show to see the new 5th gen. You wil actually be able to sit in it and check it out. Plus a ride and drive with a cool line up of vehicles, C6, HHR ss turbo, cobalt ss turbo and more.

Do I have to have the heads on it or anything besides the cam and chain? Ops, i see were you said PTV clearance. I could set one on there with the cometic .040" and run a few bolts into it.

Last edited by JRracing; 09-15-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:02 PM
10 Second Club

I did shim the windage tray up tonight. I got some wasers about 1/8" thick. I had to do a little bending on the pick up tube to get the pan lined up. But now the tray clears by a mile. I may take the pan tomorrow to a freind and have him weld on the out side of it were I grinded, just to reinforce it there.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:11 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

This is going to be a really bussy weekend for me. Daughters first birthday on Friday night, and then the big camaro show that we the cicc are putting on at IMS. I will be out there from morning to night. You and Pat should come down for the day and check it out. You pay for a ticket to the museum and get into the show to see the new 5th gen. You wil actually be able to sit in it and check it out. Plus a ride and drive with a cool line up of vehicles, C6, HHR ss turbo, cobalt ss turbo and more.

Do I have to have the heads on it or anything besides the cam and chain? Ops, i see were you said PTV clearance. I could set one on there with the cometic .040" and run a few bolts into it.
I would want the heads OFF for now for cam degreeing. I will get with Pat and see what his schedule is, then get back with you on it.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:12 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

I did shim the windage tray up tonight. I got some wasers about 1/8" thick. I had to do a little bending on the pick up tube to get the pan lined up. But now the tray clears by a mile. I may take the pan tomorrow to a freind and have him weld on the out side of it were I grinded, just to reinforce it there.
Glad to hear it, I knew you wouldn't have to grind on it.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:46 AM
10 Second Club

Just let me know.

Quick Reply: Clearance needed between windage tray & crank???