Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking @ AFR, PRC Terminators.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 10:52 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like I said before we don't have anymore Edelbrock castings so this is actually a dead conversation Luckily we're finishing up our new casting with so many new features it's not even funny! Soon you'll be able to purchase our newest cylinder head product with features that rival or beat the best available for a very reasonable price!!
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 09-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It will be interesting to see some real world results with your new heads. Are they 6 bolt or is that an option? Havent read to much about them.

There are others who sell Edelbrocks as well though so they are not completely dead. I understand they are for you guys, but WCCH and a few others offer them in a few different runner sizes. 200, 215 and 245 cc's.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BlackNiteWS6 those terminator heads didnt sell because they way texas speed ported them they didnt match up to the fast intakes. there was a huge port difference and so the heads were basically no good for anyone wanted to use a fast intake. i would definitely recommend the afr's over any stock casting. and not to knock texas speed but the reason they sell so many heads is because of the price not because of the quality.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by firefighting1101
BlackNiteWS6 those terminator heads didnt sell because they way texas speed ported them they didnt match up to the fast intakes. there was a huge port difference and so the heads were basically no good for anyone wanted to use a fast intake. i would definitely recommend the afr's over any stock casting. and not to knock texas speed but the reason they sell so many heads is because of the price not because of the quality.
Thats not true...BTW there are other heads that dont line up perfectly
with the Fast intake not just the Terms. There's a post floating around about other heads that dont line up with the Fast. The problem is with the Fast intake. They've had issues since they've been out..People complained about it splitting, other said the seals leaked, and Fast didn't design the manifold properly to secure the MAP sensor, guys were using glue or RTV to get it to stay. I think the Fast is overpriced and has questionable quality. And PRC does the porting on the edelbrock castings. And beside the only part that didn't line up was the bottom
of the runner where there's very little flow. I disagree about Texas Speeds quality, many people on this site ran great times and made great power
using their heads.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:46 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by firefighting1101
There was a thread just a week or two ago where a guy hand ported his FAST intake for his TFS heads....there was just as big a step when he checked it! But nobody band-wagoned and beat TFS to death....strange. We've checked them all (aftermarket castings) to see how they line-up, and the dumdumdumdumdum's were NOT the only ones by any means!

*EDIT* Found it.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/970581-should-i-port-my-tfs-heads-match-my-fast92.html

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!

Last edited by Sales2@Texas-speed; 09-18-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:11 PM
10 Second Club

^^ exactly what i said in my post above...I knew i read it somewhere that other
heads dont line up with the Fast intake, but like u said no body started calling the TFS head
pieces of **** because of the mismatch...interesting. Am its just another reason why i
dont care for the Fast intake....it sells because of 2 major reasons: 1. It's got a larger TB opening, and thats where the bigger is better mentality comes into play. 2. When the gain numbers are posted people only see the peak output. In the low and mid-range rpms the Fast doesn't show any significate gains. Now from 4,500 on up it shows nice gains, but are 15-20 rwhp peak output worth the cost??? Not in my opinion. In the beginning
Fast rushed out the intake and thats why it had early issues, like cracking, or leaking and bolt rusting and the real kicker they didn't design it for the MAP sensor to have a secure
fit. NO WAY should a $800 intake have these issues. I hope they addressed those issues.
But technically those issue should have been addressed before its release. And thats all
the Street Warrior intake is doing...i dont have a problem waiting for the intake cause i
dont want any issues with it. But well see. Sorry if i got off track..my bad
Old 09-18-2008, 03:12 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks for the thread Matt.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackNiteWS6
^^ exactly what i said in my post above...I knew i read it somewhere that other
heads dont line up with the Fast intake, but like u said no body started calling the TFS head
pieces of **** because of the mismatch...interesting. Am its just another reason why i
dont care for the Fast intake....it sells because of 2 major reasons: 1. It's got a larger TB opening, and thats where the bigger is better mentality comes into play. 2. When the gain numbers are posted people only see the peak output. In the low and mid-range rpms the Fast doesn't show any significate gains. Now from 4,500 on up it shows nice gains, but are 15-20 rwhp peak output worth the cost??? Not in my opinion. In the beginning
Fast rushed out the intake and thats why it had early issues, like cracking, or leaking and bolt rusting and the real kicker they didn't design it for the MAP sensor to have a secure
fit. NO WAY should a $800 intake have these issues. I hope they addressed those issues.
But technically those issue should have been addressed before its release. And thats all
the Street Warrior intake is doing...i dont have a problem waiting for the intake cause i
dont want any issues with it. But well see. Sorry if i got off track..my bad
Actually anybody who buys the FAST due to the intake opening is a retard. They should be buying it for the runner harmonics. Do you think the majority of the public is that uneducated? I wonder sometimes, honestly. But I hope not.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:48 PM
10 Second Club

^^^ haha yeah i wonder myself too, but i know what u r saying though.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:52 PM
10 Second Club

I guess i'm just a GM *****....i pimp my stock '02 intake alot..lol.
I forgot to add, the only thing i dont like the LS6 intake is that guys
running FI setups keep breaking #7 piston but the others are fine.
So i can only guess that its the intake, maybe, not sure.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

No, not really the intake per say, the whole design, yes.
Cure: run it richer so it doesn't go lean. It is that simple
Old 09-18-2008, 11:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BlackNiteWS6
Texas Speed/PRC have proven many of times that they have great head
setups. If they didn't they wouldn't be in business...you're just quoting your
opinion, not fact.
It is my opinion. Most of the time when someone posts it is their opinion.

I didn't say the head was junk, it's just not the quality or in the same category of the AFR or TFS. They are aftermarket castings with superior runners that no matter how you port a stock head, they won't perform as well in the mid lift range, which is most important with the restricting intakes we choose to run. At first glance the flow #'s look comparable, making you think the head is comparable. It is common knowledge the AFR/TFS even with similar flow numbers, will walk all over a PRC head in the real world. And the deck thickness is huge as well for many people.

PRC is a budget head as is a patriot. Nothing wrong with that per se.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:03 AM
10 Second Club

^^Well if you read my post correctly i was referring to the PRC/Terminator heads
which are very high quality heads since they start out as Edelbrock castings.
And there's no argument that Edelbrock makes heads at the same quality as any head
on the market including AFR,TFS, ET and so on. But for years guys have been running very quick just by having their stock heads professionally ported. Just depends on your budget
and your goals.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:14 AM
10 Second Club

Matt from Texas Speed brought up a good point...The TFS heads dont match up
with the Fast intake niether . And most likely other heads dont match up as well, but
nothing was said about the other heads mismatch yet they didn't get bashed in the
ground like the PRC Terminator heads did. I wonder why Fair is fair and its a valid point.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hello,

Has anyone tired running a Victor Jr setup (preferably EFI) on these aftermarket casting heads? I am currently looking at intakes and also some head.

Tilly