Need help C6 LS2

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help C6 LS2

ok, my buddy just got his car tuned.

its an 06 c6 with an ls2, 6 speed.

the mods are bolt ons, stage 2 ls6 heads, and torquer v.2 cam from texas speed, and ported stock TB, and intake.

the car just got tuned. they did some passes on motor, and two on bottle. bottle warmer wasnt working so it was a cold spray. we were also told that when he sprayed it froze the maf. car was takin off the dyno and out to check driveability. it started backfiring, and sputtering. so he brought it back in. pulled all plugs, and cylinder number 7, the spark plug wuz pushed closed.

we thought this was a result from spraying with cold bottle, and low pressure. (dry 100 shot) and changed the plug but no longer sprayed the car. car ran good for a day or two. then when he got on it during a race all motor it did the same thing. closed the same plug, and started backfiring and all that again.

my question is why is it doing this? the shop told us that the piston is traveling to far up, and closing the spark plug. i never knew that could happen. so i was hoping somebody can shed some light!

thank you for all your help in advance!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:32 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by stangkiller2005
ok, my buddy just got his car tuned.

its an 06 c6 with an ls2, 6 speed.

the mods are bolt ons, stage 2 ls6 heads, and torquer v.2 cam from texas speed, and ported stock TB, and intake.

the car just got tuned. they did some passes on motor, and two on bottle. bottle warmer wasnt working so it was a cold spray. we were also told that when he sprayed it froze the maf. car was takin off the dyno and out to check driveability. it started backfiring, and sputtering. so he brought it back in. pulled all plugs, and cylinder number 7, the spark plug wuz pushed closed.

we thought this was a result from spraying with cold bottle, and low pressure. (dry 100 shot) and changed the plug but no longer sprayed the car. car ran good for a day or two. then when he got on it during a race all motor it did the same thing. closed the same plug, and started backfiring and all that again.

my question is why is it doing this? the shop told us that the piston is traveling to far up, and closing the spark plug. i never knew that could happen. so i was hoping somebody can shed some light!

thank you for all your help in advance!
Do a compression and leak down test on #7, this cylinder gets the most air? What plugs also?
Old 09-17-2008, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

they are tr6 plugs gapped @ .45

we did a compression test on it, and it was fine.

how is a leak down test performed?
Old 09-18-2008, 02:55 AM
Restricted User

The plug was mechanically pushed closed by the piston?
Old 09-18-2008, 06:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Very similar problem with mine last year. Just bolt on's though. Bent #7 and 8 both. Backfired like you say. Mine never bent the plugs again but after it got warm it would knock. Oil press was good, compression was good. Ended up tearing it down to figure it out but never found anything. Sorry I can't help more but, I'm interested as to what you find
Old 09-18-2008, 06:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Are the heads stock chamber or were the heads cut? Did you use a stock thickness head gasket?
Old 09-18-2008, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

stock gasket size. and they are the from the heads and cam package from texas speed. im not sure what they did to the heads. i just know they are ls6 2.5 heads.

and im thinkin the spark plug was mechanically closed. because i doubt compression did that. ima try to get a pic of it soon.