Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how do I find out if a TR224 w/ 112 lsa will pass smog?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do I find out if a TR224 w/ 112 lsa will pass smog?

I really like the sound of a 112 lsa cam vs. the 114 lsa but how would I be able to figure out if the 112 lsa will pass? Also looking at headers thinking about the tsp 1 7/8th headers with catted y pipe or maybe the pacesetter 1 3/4 with tsp catted y pipe (which one would you guys recommend?) I know you can still pass with headers here but unsure about the cam.

www.aircare.ca is who does the inspection.

looks like this is that they have listed there:

On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) Test

Eligible 1998 and newer light-duty vehicles receive a scan of the vehicle's built-in OBD monitoring system to ensure there are no defects with any of the vehicle's emissions control systems.

Read more about the OBD test procedure.

Watch a video describing the OBD test procedure.
IM240

1992 and newer vehicles (except diesels) are tested using the most advanced transient emissions test currently in use anywhere. The test measures emission levels for HC, CO, and NOx while the vehicle is driven over a pre-defined series of accelerations, decelerations, and cruise conditions. The test may last up to 240 seconds depending on how "clean" the vehicle is in the early part of the test.

Read more about the IM240 test procedure.

Watch a video describing the IM240 test procedure.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

Buy it, install it, and get it smogged.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

It sounds like they use the same OBD test they have here (before I found out I'm outside DEQ boundaries ). I think they just plug in the box, make sure it's not throwing any codes or reading parameters way off and send you on your way (no sniffer test), so it seems like if you got it tuned you'd be ok.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

so does that mean I can go with a much better heads and cam package and as long as I get it tuned everything should be fine? Is there a way to delete the codes for not having cats? Wonder if you can drive through without cats as well as long as your car doesn't throw codes