Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New shortblock, what oil galley plugs/coolant jacket plugs do I need to check for?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 06:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New shortblock, what oil galley plugs/coolant jacket plugs do I need to check for?

Just wanna make sure the machine shop didnt pull and not replace any plugs that would cause me not to get, or leak, oil/coolant.

I need to get that big plug on the side of the block for the coolant jacket. Anyone have P/N for that? Also what size hex socket does it take?

I know theres the barbell in back, but what other plugs do I need to make sure are present and accounted for?
Old 10-05-2008, 07:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone got anything for me? lol Tell me to go do a search or something perhaps? lol
Old 10-05-2008, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There should be one threaded brass colored coolant plug, one smaller press-in oil galley plug (next to brass plug), oil galley threaded plug (next to brass one), and the plastic barbell restrictor (located behind rear cover). I think this covers them all in the block.

Also make sure your alignment dowels are in place for the heads (2 per head) and also for the trans (2 of them I think).