Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Milled Patriot Heads/PTV Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Milled Patriot Heads/PTV Question

I have been in contact with a member here who has a set of heads that may be availiable for sale soon that I have expressed interest in. He suggested that I research for my application.

Just wondering if someone more knowledgable would chime in. Here is the information:

Patriot 59cc Stage 2, 5.3 cnc heads with the 2.02 valves, 5 angle valve job, Patriot gold springs, hand finished.( 8+ hours of de-ridging between cnc cutter passes, plus some subtle seat blending) They are also strait milled 25 thou for more compression.

Now my question is...will the pistons require fly-cutting for any aftermarket cam, or would staying below a certain size (ex. 230 dur) allow me to get by without having to do that?

Thanks.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:18 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rmtt
I have been in contact with a member here who has a set of heads that may be availiable for sale soon that I have expressed interest in. He suggested that I research for my application.

Just wondering if someone more knowledgable would chime in. Here is the information:

Patriot 59cc Stage 2, 5.3 cnc heads with the 2.02 valves, 5 angle valve job, Patriot gold springs, hand finished.( 8+ hours of de-ridging between cnc cutter passes, plus some subtle seat blending) They are also strait milled 25 thou for more compression.

Now my question is...will the pistons require fly-cutting for any aftermarket cam, or would staying below a certain size (ex. 230 dur) allow me to get by without having to do that?

Thanks.
More then likely flycutting will be in order to obtain "SAFE" ptv clearance on cams in the 230+ range.