Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fiber Tuned Intake Review with pictures

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 02:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the update
Old 02-22-2010, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious what ever happened to this intake?? They still making them??
Old 02-22-2010, 11:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

non existant runner length = no good
Old 02-22-2010, 12:42 PM
9 Second Club

I thought they were going to make runner lengths that were longer, that would run inside the intake, even adjustable, so much potential I thought it had at first-too bad.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tektrans
I thought they were going to make runner lengths that were longer, that would run inside the intake, even adjustable, so much potential I thought it had at first-too bad.
Where's the OP? I hope this isn't the end.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:23 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Part of the problem is the resources required to take on such a project. It's going to require technological recourses that most companies don't have. I applaude the guys at Fiber Tuned for jumping into the fray and coming up with a solid effort. They've provided direction for future intake system design. Well done guys!

Richard
Old 10-19-2010, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate to bring this thread back, but i own the intake that was at the pri booth, with the fogger on it now, and have been trying to get it to work on a 438ci motor in a vette. the intake is a PIG on the motor, the car lost 3-4 tenths on the motor, and required extensive work to actually get it to work with the short injectors, and 102 mm TB. I wish i would have found this thread before i wasted thousands of dollars in this pile.. I am going to be changing the setup this winter to a boosted setup. I was really wanting to see the dyno sheets for the twin turbo car everybody kept talking about, but i could not find them. If any of the vendors that were in this thread, have any of this data, I would appriciate it.
the intake looks awesome, and fits under a stock c6 hood, which is nice, but man, what a performance backwords pile of crap it has been.

here are a few picds of it on the car. we have ran it all year, tried sev diff things.. and unless you spray the thing to the MOON, it just flat does not work onn a NA setup. cam swaps, hydro to solid, everything.. nothing worked. i hoep boost fixes it, or i am selling it on racing JUNK, where it belongs.

this pic was taken right when I got it and was exited about it working...

here it is after i had the hole bored, and a new plate made, for the NW throttle body.

this is the intake now. i have fiddled with the thing for months to get it where it is not SO cluttered, but it fits and it does work. just not like a, well, lets just say, very expensive intake, should.

if anybody else is interested in this intake, and wants it, I will sell it. Maybe you can have better luck than i have had. I will sell it for a fraction of what it would cost to buy it, fix all the things they messed up building it, and making it actually work.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:29 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Somehow I missed all the previous responses since my last post. Here's the deal. We bought 2 of these. One went on my car and one went on LS2Formula's car. I split the weld at 17 psi on boost. I removed it and put my old beat up FAST 90 back on that thankfully I hadn't yet sold. I dropped 2 TENTHS in the 60' immediately. Throttle response on this thing is horrid.

LS2Formula's car was a 422 solid roller nitrous motor. What we found was that this intake wouldn't work unless you gave it LOTS of nitrous. We actually added a plate kit to the DP kit to spray a 100 shot on the transbrake because we couldn't get it to stall up. We had to launch the car at like 6K RPM to cut bottom 1.3 60's. I will say that it outran the FAST to the finish line by 2 tenths on the same shot of nitrous but we had to spin it to 8K RPM on the fibertuned. When you hit about 7K RPM, you can really feel it start to come alive. LOL.

We scraped it before putting the twins on LS2Formula's car. HE is now using the Wilson Billet intake and it seems to be holding up to the boost very nicely.

Quick Reply: Fiber Tuned Intake Review with pictures