Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Katech Valve Covers on ET LS7 - fitment??

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Katech Valve Covers on ET LS7 - fitment??

Does anyone know if they will clear Jesel Pro Series on ET LS74.1's?
Old 01-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Collections Hold

Default valve covers

Originally Posted by john_sblendorio
Does anyone know if they will clear Jesel Pro Series on ET LS74.1's?
John,

I don't know how the Katech valve covers will fit. If you were to run either those or our race valve cover, It would be a good idea to mill the valve cover rail down a bunch. I have milled them close to an inch and with the undercut in the valve cover, the rocker arms sit up in there and you gain the height clearance in the car. The reason the valve cover rails are so tall to start with, is that they were raised to be able to use a stock valve cover with stock rocker arms.

Cary
Old 01-12-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cary, John, I run the etp4.1 heads and katech covers using crower shaft rockers. Things are tight, but they fit w/o milling the cover rail. I just had to make a couple thou more clearance at the cover for the pushrod end of the rocker. The katech covers have reliefs for them, u just have to kiss them a bit w/ the high speed grinder and nothing touches.Hope that helps
Old 01-13-2009, 09:36 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Cary@Perf-Induction
John,

I don't know how the Katech valve covers will fit. If you were to run either those or our race valve cover, It would be a good idea to mill the valve cover rail down a bunch. I have milled them close to an inch and with the undercut in the valve cover, the rocker arms sit up in there and you gain the height clearance in the car. The reason the valve cover rails are so tall to start with, is that they were raised to be able to use a stock valve cover with stock rocker arms.

Cary
Thanks Cary, will stock LS2 valve covers clear with the Jesels or just LS7? Can you please send me info on your valve covers?

Quick Reply: Katech Valve Covers on ET LS7 - fitment??