Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Optimal O2 location

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009 | 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

Default Optimal O2 location

My LSX-440 will be ready next week and I need to install the O2 bung on my pax side exhaust header. I'm using Big Stuff3 for my engine mgmt. Where's the best place to have the O2 sensor reside? Is it right at the header tube merge, by the end of the collector, or does it really matter?

Thanks,
Charlie
Old 03-15-2009 | 03:56 PM
Staging Lane

Let's see.... yes I did phrase that in the form of a question.

Charlie
Old 03-15-2009 | 07:09 PM
12 Second Club

People will argue with me, but I dont think it matters as long as its before the cat.

Assuming the exhaust is completley sealed.... The oxygen content of the exhaust, which is where the O2 sensor takes its readings from, shouldnt change. If anything a little farther back will make sure your not reading a strong pulse from an individual cylinder.

Either way, I dont think there is a wrong way. All headers basically put them right behind the collector anyways.
Old 03-15-2009 | 11:57 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the reply... I thought I read somewhere the best place was at the merge, but my nice/new/coated Edelbrock LS1 swap headers don't have a bung in them. My plan was to install one just after the collector on the pax side.

Charlie