Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4150 throttle body:which carb. hat to use?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 12:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4150 throttle body:which carb. hat to use?

I was told to check out extreme velocity,procharger and a few other places. I found that Spectre makes a carb. hat as well and it's the cheapest ($97) while the others are over $200. Is there a difference in flow on a NA 370ci motor between all of these carb. hats,was told it was a bigger deal than most people think.

All of the above mentioned names of carb. hats are shaped like a round or oval elbow setup with a 3 1/2 inch opening while the Spectre hat is taller with a 4 inch opening but the top is flat and not round or oval on top like the others. Which one will flow better? If i have to spend the extra $100 then i will because i don't want to buy the spectre hat then turnaround and end up buying the extreme velocity or procharger hat down the road and wasted $100 being cheap. Sealing will make a difference also and im worried the cheaper hat will not seal off the throttle body well.

Any hard facts on the difference on a NA motor?
Old 04-03-2009, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

extreme velocity is the best on the market. if you can fit their 1" spacer under the hat run that as well
Old 04-04-2009, 12:06 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the difference on a NA motor between the 3 hats. I know the Extreme Velocity hat flows better through a forced induction setup but i am wondering if they are all the same on a NA setup?

If i went the EV hat there spacer will add more volume to the intake right?

Quick Reply: 4150 throttle body:which carb. hat to use?