Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Power-steering pump

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 08:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 81cuttysupreme
right. however since i'm running a procharger the ps pump is clocked so that the inlet is at the 3 O'clock position if your standing in front of the engine. I swear i saw one that had a inlet with a 90 degree bend, i'd like some insight though before i go tearing up a perfectly good pump. has anyone pulled out this pressed fitting? how? I tried the hammer method a little to no avail. help?
Hmm, you could have mentioned the non-stock clocking in your original post... Have you thought about knocking the tube out and replacing it with an AN bulkhead fitting/nut?
Old 09-06-2011, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya sorry i guess i didnt say what i was thinking. Can I knock it out? i dont know. that's something i'm wondering. is it just a friction fit? will i have to drill and tap the pump to fit a threaded fitting? is there another option? i'm assuming any type of heat application will ruin the seals in the pump.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little late to the game, but was it necessary to pull the pulley in order to get the fittings installed? I'm trying to install the 648060 as well as a 620421 90* fitting and there isn't enough room to tighten the 90* fitting onto the adapter. This is on a Vette LS3 accessory drive. I'm not even sure that there would be enough clearance for the fitting if the pulley was removed.

Quick Reply: Corvette Power-steering pump