Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 knock sensors, help please.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009 | 06:51 PM
Staging Lane

Default LS2 knock sensors, help please.

Hi,

I am in the process of swapping a 402 LS2 out of a C5Z into a C6 and taking the C6 ls2 and puting that into the C5Z.

I have noticed that the motor out of the c5 has c5 style single wire knock sensors bolted to the side of the block, and the C6 motor has a 2 wire sensor that uses a smaller bolt to attach to the block.

Obviously these sensors need to stay on the cars that they were in however they will not bolt to the other blocks. I suppose I could drill and tap the c6 block for the larger single wire sensor, but what do I do to get the 2 wire sensor to bolt to the 402 ls2?

Help is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-05-2009 | 07:20 PM
Staging Lane

OK, so I got the 2 wire sensors to work on the 402, just had to drill them out a little bit to get the larger bolt in.

Now back to the single wire c5 sensors. It looks like I either have to drill and tap the block to get them to fit, or use one of the rear "extra" bolt holes and screw the sensor in there. Will the sensor still function properly if I use that hole?

Quick Reply: LS2 knock sensors, help please.