Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header primaries too large for my set up?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 01:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by John@Scoggin
Well then it should not be an issue. That is what i meant. Sorry just got back from lunch trying to catch up. Did not see you note that you were using the other K member
Oh, sorry yeah I will be using a LS1 k-member and LS1 front acc's. I thought that it was a requirement as an LT1 k-member wouldn't work.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Hard Core Z28
He could make more power with larger headers with the cost of everything down low. Put 1 7/8-2 on your car and it will be a pig. Go right ahead.
Based on what?? Someone is buying the old wives' tale. This absolutely does not apply to LS motors.

I have 1 7/8 ARHs on my bone stock LS1 and she makes plenty of torque, including over 300rw as soon as the dyno starts measuring.

Get you a good tune and you will gain everywhere. This is especially true since you are putting together a pretty stout combo...let it breathe.

Fitment may be an issue, may not be. Each car is a little different when it comes to 4th gens. 1 7/8 and up, some will need massaging/notching, some slide right in. Make sure you get poly motor mounts.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jmilz28
Based on what?? Someone is buying the old wives' tale. This absolutely does not apply to LS motors.

I have 1 7/8 ARHs on my bone stock LS1 and she makes plenty of torque, including over 300rw as soon as the dyno starts measuring.

Get you a good tune and you will gain everywhere. This is especially true since you are putting together a pretty stout combo...let it breathe.

Fitment may be an issue, may not be. Each car is a little different when it comes to 4th gens. 1 7/8 and up, some will need massaging/notching, some slide right in. Make sure you get poly motor mounts.
I have poly everything.

So is 750 shipped a "steal" for Kooks 1 7/8" x 2" SS headers?
Old 10-20-2009, 04:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$750 is a GREAT price for the stepped Kooks. My 1 7/8" NON-stepped (that i never got to use, traded for 2") were close to $800. The steeped headers are WAY more expensive due to the extra larger diameter tubing and manufacturing time. $750 is a steal.