Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will FAST fuel rails from an LS6 intake fit an LS2 intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 10:12 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will FAST fuel rails from an LS6 intake fit an LS2 intake

I'm switching from an LS6 intake with FAST aftermarket rails to an LS2 intake for my turbocharged C5 .Is there an adapter kit I can use so the fuel rails will fit properly ?

BTW , The LS6 intake and throttle body is for sale .
Old 11-17-2009, 06:06 PM
12 Second Club

The LS2 uses shorter injectors, and flows like ****. Why would you switch?
Old 11-17-2009, 08:10 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by hivoltagedriver
The LS2 uses shorter injectors, and flows like ****. Why would you switch?
It's a boosted motor and I wanted the bigger tb opening and don't have the money for a FAST . I think going from a 75mm tb to a 90 on a car that makes 1000 hp should make a difference , we'll see soon .

If my car was naturally aspirated then no way would I switch to an LS2 from an LS6 .
Old 11-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Teching In

Injector height is the main difference, so 2 options 1. taller injectors 2. kit from FAST with adaptors for change. Some differences in fuel line stuff also, but it sounds like you should be able to handle.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:03 AM
Teching In

You will likely still lose power. The LS6 outflows the LS2 everywhere. The LS2 only outflows the LS1 up top because of the TB opening, but it doesn't save it against the LS6. There is a company somewhere that takes the LS6 intake and puts a 90 mm TB opening on it. Try that first.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It is true hotrod did a comparrison on STOCK LQ9 engine, at a base of 355 hp. switching from the ls1 intake to the ls2 lost 5 HP and TQ, The LS2 lost 10 HP and TQ to the LS6 intake.

in every test of intakes the LS2 was the lowest performer in every application.

If you really want a bigger throttle body opening get a LS3 it has a bigger TB opening.

If you have a TURBOCHARGED c5 why the heck would you try to SAVE money on a cheep intake.

If I were you I would either save for the Fast 92 or keep the LS6. no telling what kind of HP you would lose at the power lvl you are at.

since cartek tunes your car have them do a befor and after comparrison, I have not seen the LS2 used in FI applications it may be different. but from what I remember the Fuel rails will be fine, they dont even touch the intake anyways they connect to the injectors. so just get the right injectors and your good.

Quick Reply: Will FAST fuel rails from an LS6 intake fit an LS2 intake