Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about emmissions

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009 | 11:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default question about emmissions

late model cars in my city need to go through emissions. my camaro gets hooked up to the obdII port for the test to make sure everything is fine and dandy.

i put long tubes with high flow cats but no bungs for the rear o2's. so my question is, sims will fool the computer into thinking everything is working normally but the code can also be turned off with a tune, but will either show up on the test? if so where is the best place to get a set of sims for my camaro or should i stop off at an exhaust shop and get some rear bungs installed for the o2 sensors?!

help please
Old 12-03-2009 | 08:25 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 68Goatboy
late model cars in my city need to go through emissions. my camaro gets hooked up to the obdII port for the test to make sure everything is fine and dandy.

i put long tubes with high flow cats but no bungs for the rear o2's. so my question is, sims will fool the computer into thinking everything is working normally but the code can also be turned off with a tune, but will either show up on the test? if so where is the best place to get a set of sims for my camaro or should i stop off at an exhaust shop and get some rear bungs installed for the o2 sensors?!

help please

O2 simulators are no longer available
http://www.epa.gov/oecaerth/resource...sper-fcsht.pdf
Old 12-03-2009 | 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

new o2 bung holes it is then