Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a good site to read up on 6.0L trucks????

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009 | 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Looking for a good site to read up on 6.0L trucks????

So I have a 2004 2500HD 6.0 with a 10" lift and intake/exhaust/hypertech. I want to get more out of the truck and wondering where I can start. Do you know of any good sites that can be informative. I am under the assumption the truck is a iron block LQ9 correct?
Old 12-09-2009 | 10:37 AM
TECH Regular

No, it's the LQ4 in your truck...lower CR than the LQ9 which is found in Escalades, Silverado SS, Denalis, Vortec Max 1500 trucks. Both are iron block, aluminum heads.

Gears (if yours are still stock) and a real tune will help considerably...all depends on what you want to spend.

Lots of great info at www.performancetrucks.net, best site for GM truck performance, IMO.
Old 12-09-2009 | 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice thanks for the info. I have already considered gears and will certainly be going that route when I figure out what ratio I want. As for the tune its funny you say that. I also have HP tuners for my Z06 and happen to have 3 credits left on my tuner. Looks like I am going to start looking at tunes.

Originally Posted by FryZ71
No, it's the LQ4 in your truck...lower CR than the LQ9 which is found in Escalades, Silverado SS, Denalis, Vortec Max 1500 trucks. Both are iron block, aluminum heads.

Gears (if yours are still stock) and a real tune will help considerably...all depends on what you want to spend.

Lots of great info at www.performancetrucks.net, best site for GM truck performance, IMO.