Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST LSXR 102 Disappointment!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found it after numerous tries.
I know it this thread is gone beyond my original post but I have to add this.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...t-results.html
Old 01-03-2010, 04:46 AM
Formerly Low_LQ4 - 6/6/10

Originally Posted by ss dave
Found it after numerous tries.
I know it this thread is gone beyond my original post but I have to add this.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...t-results.html
Why do you keep posting about the LS7 here and post #27.

We are talking about the LS3 Maybe you should read before posting the same useless info.

The car was retuned and on the same dyno with similar conditions.
The intake is gone, and it wasn't worth the cost at all. thanks for all the help.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:24 AM
On The Tree

Just curious, did you dyno again with the stock intake to see if the power came back?
Old 01-03-2010, 09:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry, sorry, sorry.
I spent over an hour trying to find that post after mistakenly posting the wrong thread, so for my own satisfaction and future reference I posted it. I did miss the LS3 reference initially and I apologize-
no intention to irritate, sorry.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:32 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by good2go
Just curious, did you dyno again with the stock intake to see if the power came back?
+1 on that.

cheers
Old 01-03-2010, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by good2go
We put the old tune in with the stock intake and the car felt the same as it did before but we didn't get to dyno it again.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well then how will u no the truth!.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:59 AM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SIC LSX
well then how will u no the truth!.
X2 I wouldn't have sold the intake w/o figuring out what's wrong
Old 01-04-2010, 01:12 AM
TECH Regular

Foreal thats exactly what i was thinking. If this is a comparison then whats the point of even starting the thread if your just gonna get rid of it without even doing any research as to what happened??? Well it sounds like we've been mislead by the story writers of walt disney again.... LMFAO!!! I find it very hard to believe that for the money supposedly well spent that you gained absolutely nothing from all this headache surely....

The way i see it is somebody on this forum buy a FAST LXSR 102/102 post the pictures of the installment, progress, and the dyno so that we can all see for our own eyes that this is no fluke. How long have we all been waiting for this bastard to hit the shelves for? lol Surely somebody can tell something other than negatives about this intake for the 3rd time i think it is???
Old 01-04-2010, 01:16 AM
TECH Regular

Even better if you don't mind me asking whats the name of the tuner and where he tunes out of....?
Old 01-04-2010, 01:17 AM
TECH Regular

If your friend owns the vette then is he a member?
Old 01-04-2010, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by LSWNDR
Foreal thats exactly what i was thinking. If this is a comparison then whats the point of even starting the thread if your just gonna get rid of it without even doing any research as to what happened??? Well it sounds like we've been mislead by the story writers of walt disney again.... LMFAO!!! I find it very hard to believe that for the money supposedly well spent that you gained absolutely nothing from all this headache surely....

The way i see it is somebody on this forum buy a FAST LXSR 102/102 post the pictures of the installment, progress, and the dyno so that we can all see for our own eyes that this is no fluke. How long have we all been waiting for this bastard to hit the shelves for? lol Surely somebody can tell something other than negatives about this intake for the 3rd time i think it is???
Even better if you don't mind me asking whats the name of the tuner and where he tunes out of....?
If your friend owns the vette then is he a member?

This coming from a person that can't put all the words in one post lol.
The tuner is a well respected tuner, and owns his own shop here in Kuwait that has tuned, and built most of the vette's in Kuwait. He also owns a vette that is making over 900 rwhp.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Launching!

This has to be the Stuuuuuuuuuuuupidest comparison of this intake yet. Are you that naive that you believe this intake would cause ANY car to lose 30 hp?? NO car has lost hp from this intake (besides the guy that ported one) Something OBVIOUSLY went wrong with the install, the tuning, or the car was dynoed on two different dynos. Then to make this worse, This "High Quality" shop slaps the old intake back on and doesn't even dyno it again to see if the "missing 30 hp" came back. Should have known better when the thread started and this wasn't a first hand experience, Just a typical " This guy I know" message relay. Sorry dude, But this is a 100% worthless waste of peoples time.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by formula17
This has to be the Stuuuuuuuuuuuupidest comparison of this intake yet. Are you that naive that you believe this intake would cause ANY car to lose 30 hp?? NO car has lost hp from this intake (besides the guy that ported one) Something OBVIOUSLY went wrong with the install, the tuning, or the car was dynoed on two different dynos. Then to make this worse, This "High Quality" shop slaps the old intake back on and doesn't even dyno it again to see if the "missing 30 hp" came back. Should have known better when the thread started and this wasn't a first hand experience, Just a typical " This guy I know" message relay. Sorry dude, But this is a 100% worthless waste of peoples time.
Go buy the intake, and put it on a cammed LS3 than post your results.
I have nothing else to say and mostly everyone that has posted results about this intake with info for LS7s not LS3. So if you can prove to me a decent LS3 result I am willing to buy the intake again with the TB this time, and post results if not than thanks for nothing.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Low_LQ4
everyone that has posted results about this intake with info for LS7s not LS3. So if you can prove to me a decent LS3 result
I posted a bunch of LS3 results earlier from forum sponcers too, typically 12-15rwhp. Did you not see them? (Post #21)
Old 01-04-2010, 02:41 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks formula17 thats all i was saying.... And yes you did post results sweets10v8 and they weren't bad at all. The results you have and somebody saying not to port this intake is the only thing i've herd. Best advice for those who have wasted time reading this thread, he must of been talking about a dune buggy not a bowtie... Tell your friends tuner to stick to working on camels not cars
Old 01-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Low_LQ4
Go buy the intake, and put it on a cammed LS3 than post your results.
I have nothing else to say and mostly everyone that has posted results about this intake with info for LS7s not LS3. So if you can prove to me a decent LS3 result I am willing to buy the intake again with the TB this time, and post results if not than thanks for nothing.

I did buy one...It'll be a while before it sees a dyno though. Second, Every Single post about this intake, except the one that was ported, made hp 12-15 like sweets10 said. I would consider those "Descent results" for a stock LS3 engine. I think you just came on here to ruffle some feathers. Lastly why would YOU buy anything again?? You said in the first post this was for your "friends" C6
The following users liked this post:
TheRealDestrux (12-13-2022)
Old 01-04-2010, 05:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is probably more realistic. https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...92-fast-2.html

When big shops like Ron @ Vengeance and Lou @ LG both say the same thing I think that speaks louder than "I can feel the gain". Prove it, don't just talk about it on the internet. Either dyno it back to back and show the gains or loses or get it to the track and lets see it in action.

30hp loss is just not going to happen but gains worth the money aren't going to happen either unless it is a FI big cube engine.

Sponsor on here would be posting the every week if they could prove to their customers that there is a true gain and they can justify the price. Don't kid yourself.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 69LT1Bird
This is probably more realistic. https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...92-fast-2.html

When big shops like Ron @ Vengeance and Lou @ LG both say the same thing I think that speaks louder than "I can feel the gain". Prove it, don't just talk about it on the internet. Either dyno it back to back and show the gains or loses or get it to the track and lets see it in action.

30hp loss is just not going to happen but gains worth the money aren't going to happen either unless it is a FI big cube engine.

Sponsor on here would be posting the every week if they could prove to their customers that there is a true gain and they can justify the price. Don't kid yourself.
Apparently it has been discussed on the Vendor forum in detail. All but a few seem reluctant to post up in the General forums what an abysmal failure the manifold is. I gaurentee you nobody on this forum is more disappointed than me.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe they have all talked and I feel for the ones who may have bought a bunch in the hopes of using them or selling them. Even at their cost, it is a lot of cash to be sitting on.
But I do commend all of the honest ones who aren't on here and other sites saying how great they are and you should buy one because they make great numbers when they don't.

Quick Reply: FAST LSXR 102 Disappointment!!