Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where' the LS2 Fuel Pressure Regulator

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 11:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Where' the LS2 Fuel Pressure Regulator

My friend bought the LS2 90mm TB, intake, injectors and fuel rail for his 2000 Corvette. It has a nice fuel rail, but "Dude, where's the fuel pressure regulator" His 2000 LS1 had the regulator on the fuel rail. Where is the regulator on a LS2 Corvette? Where do we get a regulator for this setup, and where is the easiest place to put it in the fuel line. Thanks
Old 01-16-2010, 12:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the regulator is in the tank(fuel pump assembly),the regulator looking thing on the rail on the ls1's is actually a fuel pulse dampner.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:38 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99huggerorangeZ
the regulator is in the tank(fuel pump assembly),the regulator looking thing on the rail on the ls1's is actually a fuel pulse dampner.
All right !! That's good news. Are we OK without the pulse dampner. Can we just bolt a LS2 fuel system onto a LS1 and go for it.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:42 AM
On The Tree

that is how I am running it on my Camaro with no problems.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:51 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by theguyulove2hate
that is how I am running it on my Camaro with no problems.
Right On. This is going on a new engine, We will be able to fire it up in a few days.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:22 PM
12 Second Club

Unless you are going to port that intake, it flows worse than the stock LS1 intake - even with the 90mm TB. The stock LS2 intake sucks.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The LS2 intake flows better than the LS1. It keeps up with the LS6 too. Here is a good comparison http://www.tpis.com/index.php?module=2_17_06 About the only manifolds that are better are Fast and a LS6 manifold with the nose cut off and a 90mm nose installed.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hivoltagedriver
Unless you are going to port that intake, it flows worse than the stock LS1 intake - even with the 90mm TB. The stock LS2 intake sucks.
Right...Because GM Is Going To Make A Newer Model Intake (LS2) That Is Worse Than The Previous Model Intake (LS1) They Designed
Old 01-20-2010, 05:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You should recheck the regulator location, the F cars have the regulator in the tank, the Corvettes have the fuel filter/regulator in the fuel line outside the tank I believe.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:37 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by InsaneDomestics
Right...Because GM Is Going To Make A Newer Model Intake (LS2) That Is Worse Than The Previous Model Intake (LS1) They Designed
And you know this from experience? Do you own an LS2, or are you just talking out your ***? The LS2 intake has been proven to be the worst flowing stock LSx intake, but suite yourself and put whatever you want on your slow-*** car. They are, in fact, the limiting factor in an LS2 car making any power at all. And we all know that GM ALWAYS does what's best for performance and our interestes as car enthusiests. That's why the F-body's had the crappy 7 5/8" axle in the 4th gen, even though the same basic rear end proved to be **** in the 3rd gens.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:25 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The LS2 intake was a major let down when everyone was hoping it would be a VERY budget friendly 90mm setup. However, I wouldn't say it's the worst GM put on these engines or this platform.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 01-20-2010, 05:15 PM
MASS seller approved

wow now it looks like highvoltage is talking out of his *** there is a thread floating around somewhere where a ported LS2 has mad 1 less hp and 2 les torque torque than a non ported fast 90 i belive LT1dave was the tester

also highvoltage can you show me where an ls2 intake flows less than an LS1 i would REALLY like to see that
Old 01-20-2010, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've read the same as "smok'nz". A stage 2 ported LS2 will outflow the LS6 and nearly keep up with the Fast. If you have to buy a LS2 then port it...it might not be worth the expense verses a used or new Fast. If you already own one then the extra $300 to have it ported might be money well spent.

Also if the car is mainly street driven and isn't revved past 6200rpm very often then the difference between them is very small.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:23 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah, but we weren't talking about a ported LS2 (or at least that wasn't included in the provided information.)

Here is some more info for you on this topic...
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...ght=ls2+intake
http://www.gearchatter.com/viewtopic10974.php
http://www.gearchatter.com/viewtopic...er=asc&start=0
Old 01-22-2010, 12:00 AM
TECH Resident

No, his LS2 intake is not ported. He is considering having it cut open and ported, except he is running out of money after his engine build so I told him to leave it alone. Let's get this thing running, it's easy to replace the intake later. Over the last 6 months he bought all of the parts for a L92 forged bottom end. He has Patriot LS6 heads, and a 228/234.288/.598 cam. It's pretty similar to the my engine specs (in sig) with a few less degrees on the cam, and the LS2 intake. Basically L92 with a LS6 top end. Mine made 482rwhp, so this will be a good test of similar parts. We will post dyno numbers when we get it going.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:43 PM
12 Second Club

I can understand the running out of money deal. If he had an LS1/6 intake already, I would keep it. If not, and you can get an LS2 intake cheap, then by all means, run it for now. Just putting the info out there, because a lot of people here seem to think that the LS2 intake is great because of the 90mm TB. All of us LS2 guys are finding them to be a big restriction though.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hivoltagedriver
I can understand the running out of money deal. If he had an LS1/6 intake already, I would keep it. If not, and you can get an LS2 intake cheap, then by all means, run it for now. Just putting the info out there, because a lot of people here seem to think that the LS2 intake is great because of the 90mm TB. All of us LS2 guys are finding them to be a big restriction though.
So Your Still Sayin You Would Run An LS1 Intake Over The LS2 ???
Old 01-23-2010, 01:39 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by KENS80V
The LS2 intake flows better than the LS1. It keeps up with the LS6 too. Here is a good comparison http://www.tpis.com/index.php?module=2_17_06
That is in interesting test. Most intake tests show the numbers like the Highvoltage links, where the LS2 intake is not as good from 5000 up.
The link from KENS80V is a motor with a cam, LS2/90 vs FAST 90. They both make about the same power at 4000 and 6000, but the FAST is better at 5000. Different numbers from a hotter motor. The LS2 intake is not the best, but it is not all bad. The Fast are good, but expensive.
My friend will be fine for now with his LS2 intake, I would not want his new motor to make more power than mine right out of the garage.
He broke a rod bolt in a road race last summer and totaled his LS1, so it has been a long and expensive fix. Right now he just needs to get this new forged motor to run. I have walked him through every step of this engine build, can't wait to hear that thing rev.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:48 AM
MASS seller approved

Originally Posted by racecar
That is in interesting test. Most intake tests show the numbers like the Highvoltage links, where the LS2 intake is not as good from 5000 up.
The link from KENS80V is a motor with a cam, LS2/90 vs FAST 90. They both make about the same power at 4000 and 6000, but the FAST is better at 5000. Different numbers from a hotter motor. The LS2 intake is not the best, but it is not all bad. The Fast are good, but expensive.
My friend will be fine for now with his LS2 intake, I would not want his new motor to make more power than mine right out of the garage.
He broke a rod bolt in a road race last summer and totaled his LS1, so it has been a long and expensive fix. Right now he just needs to get this new forged motor to run. I have walked him through every step of this engine build, can't wait to hear that thing rev.

been there justa little tip i wouldnt listen to someone who comes in the thread just to say that intake is junk and worse than the intake they made 10 years ago

and then posts links to where its worse but none of them are from ls1tech?? also he must have spent some time looking for those i wonder what he could find if he looked into it further? like maybe the people who run 10's na with them etc.. good luck with helpin your friend
Old 01-23-2010, 01:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I Wonder If He's Running The LS1 Intake On His Goat...

Quick Reply: Where' the LS2 Fuel Pressure Regulator