Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Code P0171 at idle

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Code P0171 at idle

My car shows that it is going EXTREMELY lean on start up in bank 1, and usually throws the code (P0171). Only thing is, you can smell it dumping fuel, it smells rich and the idle starts to die as it dumps fuel when it clearly doesn't need to. I have check for leaks, couldn't find any, went through the tune a million times, it is certainly not the tune. I'm stuck, have no idea what to do.

It only stays lean when you start it up and last for about a minute, tops. After that, the fuel trims straighten themselves out for driving at any throttle position. It's just when the car is started up, it goes extremely lean, mostly in bank 1 which throws the code, but sometimes in bank 2. What the hell could be causing this? And why would it only be at start-up and the first minute or so of idling?
Old 05-29-2010, 11:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nobody? I can't attach the hptuners log cuz it's too big, but fuel trims go way lean at start-up, fix themselves eventually but the car smells like pure gasoline. problem is worse in bank 1, but still exist in bank 2

Quick Reply: Code P0171 at idle