Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 crank sensor voltage???

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 11:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 crank sensor voltage???

I have a '06 Corvette LS2 engine with a carb, 58 tooth reluctor wheel and MSD carb ignition box. My problem is that I am not getting any spark; the lap top said I was not getting any crank sensor signal. I have replaced the sensor twice with a new sensor from GM, I have checked and am sending 5 volts to the sensor. With the ignition just turned on I am getting ~ 1 volt back from the sensor to the box, and when I crank the engine (with battery and a charger hooked up to the battery) I only get ~1.4 volts back to the box. I talked with the MSD expert and he said I should be getting 3 to 4 volts from the sensor and that is not enough voltage for the box to send a trigger signal to the coils.
So my question is, anybody have any idea what I should change next?
Another crank sensor?
The box is not sending a trigger signal to the coils so I get no spark. The MSD get said that maybe the reluctor wheel was not mounted square to the crank, but I checked that and its fine.
How do I get more voltage back from the crank sensor?
I am getting 4.5 volts back from the cam sensor, but that doesn’t seem to let the box trigger the coils.
Help!

Quick Reply: LS2 crank sensor voltage???