Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do Borla exhaust mufflers come standard on stock corvettes out of the factory?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 09:40 PM
JJT
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do Borla exhaust mufflers come standard on stock corvettes out of the factory?

Can someone please riddle me this? Yeah dumb question...probably. But I swear I saw some at the dealership with borla exhaust tips in the past. I googled specs, really didn't find anything supportive. Called Chevy dealer, he said he would find out...pshhh.

I thought they did. If they do, I need it in black and white. Information, links appreciated.

Last edited by JJT; 09-08-2011 at 12:42 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 09-08-2011, 11:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When i worked at a dealership ,I was given a few work orders to replace the stock cat back on brand new Vettes with the B&B Tri-flow kit. But they also added another window sticker that added $1000.00 to the price tag.

I have never heard of someone buying a brand new Vette and it coming with Borla exhaust,but stranger things have happened I'm sure.

Dave
Old 09-08-2011, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the dealer installed unit (GMPP) you can buy in the showrooms is a Borla built unit. They had one hanging on the wall at ELCO Chevrolet a few years back. I am pretty sure the mufflers had Borla on them.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:40 PM
JJT
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I was about to delete this right after I found out from a so called expert at the dealer. He pretty much stated the same thing redsscamaroboy did. He said GM had some contract with Borla sometime back in 03-04 or something.

Quick Reply: Do Borla exhaust mufflers come standard on stock corvettes out of the factory?