Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Q, please... Alt. only front drive for my LS3 E-rod???

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 11:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Q, please... Alt. only front drive for my LS3 E-rod???

Things are progressing on my LS3 E-Rod engine moving into my ol' Avanti. It seems all the aftermarket front drive "kits" I've found thus far are for the "full package" of accessories.

All I need is an upper/side-mount alternator. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ventura Speed serpentine drive set up not really cheap but good looking. Not as expensive as a lot of the others. Raymond Lowey would approve of its design.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:47 AM
Teching In

Thanks! I'll try and find it to check out... I did find one "system" but it replaces everything on the front of the engine (damper, water-pump, etc), which seems like a silly waste, unless entirely necessary, since everything on my engine is new.

btw, it is "Loewy." Common error.

Last edited by Avanti; 05-05-2012 at 01:55 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:05 AM
Teching In

Just a follow-up in case anyone else ends up with the same or similar need. Jason Alper in Las Vegas was helpful in putting together a simple "system" for me. An extremely generous person with his expertise and willing to work with the customer. His initial alternator mount bracket did not fit my application and he quickly remade it to my template. That, and some of my own mods made a nice, simple, and inexpensive (if that matters) set-up.

The attached pic is of the rough pieces before stainless fasteners and final finishing, but it will give anyone interested the idea.
Attached Thumbnails Another Q, please... Alt. only front drive for my LS3 E-rod???-3786sm.jpg  
Old 09-04-2012, 12:15 AM
Teching In

How about brackets from these folks?

Quick Reply: Another Q, please... Alt. only front drive for my LS3 E-rod???