Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

comp cams trunion upgrade kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 04:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by victorf
At Texas-Speed, your company doesn't have a simple drill press? Arbor press is great, but an drill press can do that plus many other duties!
LOL

Are you trying to give him a hard time for using the right tools to do a job? Sure a mill or drill press could be used for light press duty, but if you have the right tool available, why not use it?

I have a small arbor press at home. How much force is required to do this?
Old 07-30-2012, 04:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

"if you have the right tool available, why not use it?"

Exactly.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

it should be noted that the Comp Cams trunnion bearing instruction manual does not specify the type of press to be used.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a small arbor press at home. How much force is required to do this?
Very little force is required for this installation; I used a quite small arbor press while installing mine and had no issues at all. Short money, easy installation with the included tools (plus a deep socket or other random piece hanging around your cellar).

C
Old 07-31-2012, 10:23 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At Texas-Speed, your company doesn't have a simple drill press? Arbor press is great, but an drill press can do that plus many other duties!

I don't have a business nor a drill press! But I do have a mill and a lathe! I did my trunion upgrade with the mill but I can also do it with the lathe. But the mill is infinitely easier since I don't have to balance the parts other than centering it. Out of the two, mill is my favorite. Besides milling, I used it to compress recycle cans, breaking bead off motorcycle tires and such, terrific mechanical advantage.
He did not specify was for his own personal use, but he did say "just for doing trunion upgrades".

I did not want to make assumptions, but its all good!
I bought my arbor press for personal use. Although, I can assure you that Texas Speed does have a drill press!
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 07-31-2012, 02:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake@Texas-Speed
I bought my arbor press for personal use. Although, I can assure you that Texas Speed does have a drill press!
Right on Jake!

No disrespect intended, just discussing about the tools used, as others are on subject and made clear their view with tool/technique choice! I always hope to learn something from discussions or hope I have contributed something also.

Naturally, we have to make do with whatever our resource and experience!

I hope I have not come across as giving you or anyone a hard time!

Quick Reply: comp cams trunion upgrade kit