Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Put my FAST 102 on and injectors don't fit tight.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 03:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Put my FAST 102 on and injectors don't fit tight.

I was putting my Fast intake on and I have 60lb deka injectors and when I put them in they are loose in the intake. I have read somewhere that you need a bigger o-ring on the bottom of the injector. If that's so can somebody tell where you bought to fatter o-ring? I got the injectors and my fuel rails from nasty performance.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Be careful here. I discussed this via email with the FAST guys last week and told them it is an issue using this injector.

You do have to use the conversion o-ring that FAST will sell you, although it does fit a little loose on the thinner style injectors. The big problem is that the Siemens Deka 60 (Mototron) does not have the plastic o-ring retainer at the bottom like the Bosch style injectors do. This means the 60# injector sits down into the injector pocket lower on these intakes. We have a major fuel leak on the engine dyno, so make sure you pressure check things thoroughly before you get it hot.

We were using the FAST fuel rails, so we had to shorten the brackets that hold the rails to the intake to get a good seal. If you have the stock style rails you may be bale to secure them better because of the clips that hold the injector in the rail. That is where our leaked, at the top of the injector because the injector would fall down in to the intake too far, even with the FAST o-rings.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

I have the nasty rails and they fit in there tight so I don't see where it would leak on that end. I'm more worried about the intake end of the injector. It fits too loose in there. I bought the intake used from a member here and it also has a metal insert in the injector hole that I took out to get the dekas to fit. I guess those are spacers for the short style injectors. i guess i will have to return the injectors and get some different ones if I can't to get these to fit snug
Old 10-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Yes the aluminum spacers are for running a shorter injector. Try using the fatter o-ring on the bottom, but I would suspect your next problem will be what I described.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This should be the o-ring you need.

http://www.compperformancegroupstore...2mmAccessories
Old 10-05-2012, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

I hope those aren't the same ones that come on the metal spacer for the short injector. I tried them on my injectors and they were loose on the base of the injector. Maybe they were stretched out more because the base of the adapter is bigger than the base of an injector?

I'll order them anyway since they are only a couple of bucks.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

That o-ring will fit a little bit loose on the bottom, but will work. We didn't like it so we sourced some on our own. The FAST o-ring is 9mm ID and it needs to be 8mm or even 7mm ID to fit snugly on the bottom of the thinner-body injectors.

Quick Reply: Put my FAST 102 on and injectors don't fit tight.