Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bbk headers

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bbk headers

fairly new to this site, need tech help. had installed bbk headers on my 2000 camaro v8. no place to install the egr harness that went on the stock exhaust manifolds.they were removed but still have the long black hose that goes behind the intake then down the driver side to a cylinder type canister.air seems to be blowing out the 2 openings. does the entire hose need to come out and disconnected at the canister, or do the openings get some type of plug. also the service engine light is on now. did get a plug that goes on top of the front of the intake. thanks
Old 12-11-2013, 01:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1,184 Likes on 646 Posts

The BBK full length Camaro headers do not have an EGR connection on them. They recommend either blocking off and/or removing the EGR tubes. These headers also remove the vehicles catalytic converters, so most likely the check engine light is being caused by the reading from the post-converter O2 sensors. You will need to have these rear sensors turned off either with a custom tune, or programmer with this capability. Hope this helps.

800-230-3030
www.SummitRacing.com
Old 12-11-2013, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

When I installed my long tubes I didn't get a check engine light... also I removed all the when plumbing and smog pump

Quick Reply: bbk headers