Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Serious clutch problems! LS1 T56 setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Serious clutch problems! LS1 T56 setup

OK so one day I'm driving my 2000 Z28 down the road and its hard to get into gear. Slowly over time it became worse and now it won't go into gear at all. I bleed the system with a mityvac by putting the nozzle in the hole at the bottom of the clutch master cylinder ran the hose to the bottle and then hooked the bottle up to the cup. I pumped it up to 10 and pumped the clutch a little, lots of air came out and it cleared up the problem. I went around the block and bam, hard to shift again and the pedal is light with a lot of dead space. But if I "dribbled" the pedal in the dead space it seemed to fill up the hydrolics and it would shift a little better. So I parked it, over the next few hours install new master cylinder and bleed it. Still won't go into gear...

What the Hecks going on here? I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i had this problem just after i bought my 02, it had 30,000 on it. i replaced the whole system on mine flywheel clutch, there were write ups on this site about this. i do remember gm changing the hydraulics on the clutch, i am sure some one remembers if you cant find it doing a search.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:01 PM
KCS

Received 314 Likes on 212 Posts

There's a section for transmission related topics. You might have better luck there.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:20 AM
12 Second Club

i had a lot of issues with not being able to go into gear too. My clutch petal wouldnt come back up a lot of the time. Turns out GM decided to go cheap on the clutch master.

Quick Reply: Serious clutch problems! LS1 T56 setup