Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Relocating oil pressure sensor

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Relocating oil pressure sensor

Hello,

I need a little help relocating my oil pressure sensor. I came up with the idea below after stripping out a brand new oil pressure sensor attempting to install it behind my M112 blower on my 2005 Corvette. Essentially on a LS2 M112 car you can't get to the oil pressure sensor in the rear. So I cut a hole in my firewall (wiper shroud) to get to the sensor from the top. The sensor is so close to the blower however that getting in there with a wrench to reinstall it is proving to be impossible. So I devised this remote assembly made from a M16x1.5 to 1/8 NPT oil gauge plug which I have screwed a earl stainless 1/8 NPT brake line into. Then I took the end of the line and picked up a brass 1/8in T Connection which I mounted an under hood gauge to. What I am missing, and can't seem to find is a fitting to take a 16mm-1.5 (sensor) down into an 1/8 NPT male plug to go into the other side of the plug. If this exists where can I get this fitting. I would imagine you turbo guys have been faced with this from time to time.

Last edited by Danspeed1; 05-19-2014 at 08:41 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wouldn't it have been easier to plug that hole, then drill and tap the bypass block just above the oil pan?
Old 05-24-2014, 01:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to almost any industrial hose supply place. Most will also do small lines and adapters etc.
I did a similar thing with an LS swap but I just made a block at the end to be able to mount it under the hood. I tapped the block for the fittings I needed.

Quick Reply: Relocating oil pressure sensor