Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e pan gasket

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 11:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e pan gasket

Hopefully this is in the correct forum.

I have dealt with a leaky trans pan since the swap happened with two new felt gaskets still leaking. I have a new pan to install as the original one was dinged up pretty bad and probably contributed to the leaks.

The owner of the shop I have been working with for my swap is convinced there is an upgraded gasket with a rubber insert that seals better than the normal felt gasket, but he has had no luck finding one through either aftermarket or OEM dealer sources.

Can anyone comment on the availability of such a gasket for a 2007+ 4l60e pan? A part number would be even better.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-09-2016, 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

No...there isnt a rubber kinda gasket just the neopreme one. When looking for a leak you must think where its comming from. Is it when the car is running? or while its off?
I always start looking at the highest point on the transmission. when its off the fluid will settle in the pan and if the pan/gasket is bad it'll leak. If its running it could be the cooler lines running down into the pan area. It also could be the leaver seal(where the shifter cable hook to the trans) Alot of times no one looks there,just something to check
Old 11-09-2016, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leak is continuous and the transmission is brand new and kitchen table clean, so the leak is certainly coming from between the pan gasket. The original pan was pretty beat up so we were pretty certain that the gasket wasn't sealing in places as a result. The shop owner is pretty confident that he had used a gasket with a rubber insert at one point, but after struggling to locate one he asked if I could do a little asking around.

Quick Reply: 4l60e pan gasket