Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 Questions for current build!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 03:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4 Questions for current build!

I have a complete LQ4/4L80e from a 2002 pickup with computer. I'm working to put in my LS1 WS6 car. I know this forum has a ton of info and I've been searching for days it seems to come up with what ill need for the 6.0 build. Just need a hand with anything i have forgotten and maybe some direction on a thread with a build similar to mine.

Intention - Healthy but mostly stock motor, Comp Cam Nitrous Cam probably .614/.621 or bigger without having to flycut and big shot of nitrous. no intended hp range just shooting for the hi 9s low 10s in my Fbody. Street/strip friday night kinda car.

LQ4
L92 heads - ( LS9 Head gasket to increase compression?, LS7 Lifters, rockers ( if so which ones for exhaust and intake? ) Beehive or double valve spring?

LS3 intake - ( what else is needed and where to find? LS3 injectors #42, Cable converted 90/92 mm TB, MAP sensor jumper and Pigtails for Injectors?)

All accessories from my LS1 motor.

will have UMI/BMR k-member and torque arm relocation bracket

Any suggestions on tuner? i have heard HP Tuners wakes the LQ4 up pretty nicely. I run EFI live on my Duramax and it makes a huge difference. I want to be able to tune myself for track and street use.

looking for any suggestions or even just point me to build thread of similar setup. I know its been done just can't find what i need exactly for the L92/LS3 intake swap to be complete. Thanks

Last edited by DCWWS6; 01-10-2017 at 09:19 AM.

Quick Reply: LQ4 Questions for current build!