Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck harness to ls2 throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 11:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck harness to ls2 throttle body

I have a ls motor im swapping into my 67 chevelle its a ls1 with ls2 top end(intake,throttle body, and fuel rails/injectors) I already have the truck pedal and tac module along with the ls2 parts. Getting closer to the end of the motor swap I started looking at the connectors and noticed the truck has a 8 pin on the harness and the throttle body is a 6 pin. After doing research with no clear conclusion im left here confused as to whether or not it can work. Can you adapt the truck 8 pin throttle body connector on the harness to the 6 pin silver blade ls2 throttle body I purchased. Ive seen the xlink mentioned once but I would like to not spend that money if at all necessary.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:38 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You will have to have the x link . No way around it if you use that t/b . You could run the truck throttle body if the smaller 78mm t/b is not a problem for you . You will have to have a 4 bolt to 3 bolt spacer to get it to bolt on .

I have the x link and works perfect on my set up .
Old 04-03-2017, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

X2, Need an X-link. I run one on my Camaro, And I have a customer that has ran one on his DD Silverado SS for over 2 years.

Quick Reply: Truck harness to ls2 throttle body