Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FI Tech - EFI kits for LS3

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018 | 06:36 AM
On The Tree

Default FI Tech - EFI kits for LS3

Guys,
I dont frequent this forum as much as I used to, so i dont know if this topic has been "well covered"...I am putting and LS3 in my 67 corvette and considering options...recently I have been looking at the FI Tech intake, fuel rails, and engine control modules...the total package....Interested in perspective from those who have or have used this system....

http://fitechefi.com/products/ultima...trans-control/

Thanks
Old 01-06-2018 | 10:32 AM
TECH Senior Member
5 Year Member

Why not just use the OEM LS3 system? It works VERY well.
Old 01-06-2018 | 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Why not just use the OEM LS3 system? It works VERY well.
Sure...like why not just use a Quadrajet....vice an aftermarket carb....I am simply considering options....If FITech aint no good, I will use the GM Performance stuff....my 1st world delima is whether or not I will buy the GM Performance engine or get a long block with forged internals.....so looking for other options if I go with the long block....and I do know that Quadrajets worked well for what they were designed...
Old 01-06-2018 | 12:12 PM
12 Second Club

There is an ongoing thread in the Forced Induction forum that might help you out: https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...0-70051-a.html
Old 01-06-2018 | 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by vjjack04
Guys,
I dont frequent this forum as much as I used to, so i dont know if this topic has been "well covered"...I am putting and LS3 in my 67 corvette and considering options...recently I have been looking at the FI Tech intake, fuel rails, and engine control modules...the total package....Interested in perspective from those who have or have used this system....

http://fitechefi.com/products/ultima...trans-control/

Thanks
vjjack, I can't say that I have experience first hand wuth the FiTech system other than I have 2 people that I know personally looking at it right now (one for a 496 BBC, the other for a 355 SBC), and the one thing that I've noticed is that they have a HP limit based on injector size/quantity (which is more of an issue with an AFR headed BBC or a boosted setup). Have you looked into the Holley HP EFI system at all? How aggressive is this LS3 going to be initially, and how far do you plan on pushing it in the future?
Old 01-09-2018 | 07:48 AM
TECH Fanatic
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by vjjack04
Sure...like why not just use a Quadrajet....vice an aftermarket carb....
That's not even remotely the same thing.

I have a FiTech GoEFI600 on a 355 in my 81 El Camino, and I'm happy with it. The engine is mild with Vortec heads and a Crane 2032 cam, and the FiTech handles it very well. Most of the issues I see people having with these units is due to either improper install, an engine with poor vacuum and tons of overlap, or a combination of the two.

With that said, I am currently putting a 5.3 in a 64 Impala, and I see absolutely no rhyme or reason to abandon the factory fuel injection system for the FiTech. By the time you source everything, you'll be below the cost of a FiTech unit and you'll have a system with higher tuning capabilities.
Old 01-09-2018 | 10:55 AM
TECH Senior Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by MuhThugga
By the time you source everything, you'll be below the cost of a FiTech unit and you'll have a system with higher tuning capabilities.
Which is why I asked the original question.....

Quick Reply: FI Tech - EFI kits for LS3