Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2/T56 using a DBC truck harness

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2018 | 08:04 AM
Teching In

Default LS2/T56 using a DBC truck harness

LS2/T56 DBC swap

I do not have a wiring harness or pcm to start with.

Using an LS1 pcm and harness on the LS2 seems pretty straight forward. It requires.
- cam sensor extension
- maf extension
- knock sensor adapter and tapping the block for LS1 knock sensors
- injector adapter or soldering on EV6 ends
- I have bought a NW DBC TB
- seems like I am missing something?

Finding an LS1 harness and pcm for the right price is not an easy task. By the time I buy, modify, and flash the set up I am about half way to a PSI set up.

I have found articles on using a DBC truck harness and modifying it to work on a LS1. So, it stands to reason that the DBC truck harness could be made to run a LS2 DBC just so it comes with a 411 or 896 pcm. Regardless of which harness I would go with it would have to be reworked. The truck places the pcm in a different location, but I pull all the pins and re-pin the harness so all wires would be the correct length. The advantage, it seems, is the truck harness and pcm, if the pcm would also work, will be easier to find and less expensive.

I would like being well acquainted with the details of the harness for trouble shooting as I am building a daily driver, however, I do not want to out trick myself and end up with half or more of the cost of a quality plug and play harness.

Does anyone have thoughts on this? Am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Clint
Old 01-14-2018 | 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Truck harnesses work on Truck engines, Reworking one to fit a car intake & moving the PCM is foolish....I have never seen one that looked clean, To many ground & reference splices!

Not a big fan of PSI harnesses, Give Bill @ BP Automotive a call!

Are you sure your LS2 is 24X?
Old 01-15-2018 | 06:16 AM
Teching In

My LS2 has a black crank sensor.

Thanks for the BP tip. I will call them.

What do you not like about PSI?

Thanks again for your input.

Clint

Quick Reply: LS2/T56 using a DBC truck harness