Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

water pump/MSD intake problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Update. The Edelbrock 8896 water pump fit perfect. No mods whatsoever. Only thing required is a 0.210" spacer to match the Vintage system. I'm going to fabricate a spacer to put behind the pulley. Also, the pulley that comes with the Vintage set will work with the Eddy. Bolt hole pattern same, etc.

In summary, the water pump supplied with the Vintage LS Front Runner system will not work with an MSD intake. But the Edelbrock 8896 fits perfect...
Old 02-11-2018, 05:13 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,360 Likes on 2,078 Posts

Originally Posted by lowcountry
Update. The Edelbrock 8896 water pump fit perfect. No mods whatsoever. Only thing required is a 0.210" spacer to match the Vintage system. I'm going to fabricate a spacer to put behind the pulley. Also, the pulley that comes with the Vintage set will work with the Eddy. Bolt hole pattern same, etc.

In summary, the water pump supplied with the Vintage LS Front Runner system will not work with an MSD intake. But the Edelbrock 8896 fits perfect...
Good info here LC. Those pumps are great pumps, as an added bonus to you.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see this thread as this is the setup I am going with in my 59 Corvette. Oh well Corvette tax having to buy another water pump! Do you have a couple pics with the Edelbrock installed?
Old 02-18-2018, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by silplu83
Glad to see this thread as this is the setup I am going with in my 59 Corvette. Oh well Corvette tax having to buy another water pump! Do you have a couple pics with the Edelbrock installed?

I just finished up installing all of the front runner stuff. I will post some pictures later.

I did however run into some more problems. As stated earlier, the new pump fit perfectly with the MSD/NW 102. But, the main bracket in the VA package - the one that ties everything together did not clear the Edelbrock pump very well. I final got it to work, but had to do a lot of cutting and grinding on the bracket. It turned out great - but had me cussing for a bit...
Old 02-18-2018, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

A couple of pictures. You can see in the one photo the grinding/cutting I had to do on the bracket. Luckily, almost all of it is on the backside facing the engine. You have to look hard to see anything on the front. And if I had been more patient, you wouldn't notice anything.

The other two photos show the 0.210" spacer I made to put behind the pulley.
Attached Thumbnails water pump/MSD intake problem-va1.jpg   water pump/MSD intake problem-va2.jpg   water pump/MSD intake problem-va3.jpg   water pump/MSD intake problem-va4.jpg  
Old 02-18-2018, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good, glad it worked out. Always have to modify the modifications! Which package is that? Is it the bright and chrome?
Old 02-18-2018, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by silplu83
Looks good, glad it worked out. Always have to modify the modifications! Which package is that? Is it the bright and chrome?
yep. b&c.

Quick Reply: water pump/MSD intake problem