Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor mount locations

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 10:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor mount locations

Motor mount location the same for ls3 and ls7?We’re building an autocross/track day c10 and are concerned about oiling issues with ls3 on long sweeping turns. Ls3 is mocked up and installed but not a problem to change if ls7 is different, just curious. Since I believe ls7 oiling is dry sump thought it might be better option.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,230 Likes on 2,519 Posts

Mounts are the same for all LS engines.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 478 Likes on 368 Posts

FWIW,, I've built a few dry sumps, if you shop around in the dirt track catalogs, you'll find some LS engine pan options,, depending on a lot of things,, I would almost bet a aftermarket dry sump ls3 would price out better than a factory style LS7.. One nice bit is it gets rid of the stock internal oil pump the pressure line replaces the oil filter or gets tapped in to the outlet side of the original pump (Depending on application) you put a gadget on that replaces the factory filter with a loop block.. Also brings the pan up to just barely off the crank and gets rid of windage problems, adds nice power.. Lots of fringe benefits.. Don't be afraid of buying re-man dry sump pumps as long as its a frontline vendor, they are very very simple just a stack of gerotor pumps that all share many parts.. I've gotten systems on a engine for as low as a grand with creative shopping and spent as much as $7K on a canam restoration.. for a v8 I'd want a Supply stage and at least 3 scavenger stages.. Don't go crazy with tank size,, a 2 gallon tank will handle a LOT of motor. Never let you tank to pump supply line zig zag vertically, it can trap a air bubble and cause priming issues on startup.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:30 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the great info. Just to be ultimately clear, motor mount location on block is same on all ls, yes?
Old 04-18-2018, 10:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,230 Likes on 2,519 Posts

Originally Posted by laidback
Thanks for the great info. Just to be ultimately clear, motor mount location on block is same on all ls, yes?
As I said, yes.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:30 AM
Teching In

thanks so much.

Quick Reply: Motor mount locations