Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls2 to ls3 maf

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 12:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Ls2 to ls3 maf

Getting ready to have my car tuned and I am thinking about ditching the ls2 maf for the ls3 card style maf in a 100mm tube. My question is it worth the swap? Ive read that it can be harder to tune the car and cause drive ability issues. Would I need to run it with a honeycomb or not? My cars current build is below.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

I have read that the best tuning results have come using the honeycomb. Just wondering why you would swap. If you want to get rid of the 85mm restriction, take out the MAF, put in a 100mm tube with no MAF and go with a SD tune. Be sure and leave a spot for the IAT sensor if you go that route.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:42 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dw456post
I have read that the best tuning results have come using the honeycomb. Just wondering why you would swap. If you want to get rid of the 85mm restriction, take out the MAF, put in a 100mm tube with no MAF and go with a SD tune. Be sure and leave a spot for the IAT sensor if you go that route.
The car is getting tuned this weekend and didn't want to leave anything on the table as far as power. I know the maf wouldn't make more power I just want to make sure I am removing all restriction in the air tract. I've been on the fence about going speed density my buddy had allot of success with his ls2 trans am on a speed density tune. Might give it a shot down the road.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Again, not hard to tune. I mean, i guess tuning can be hard, but generating MAF cal tables shouldn't be for a competent tuner.

I ran a saxonpc honeycomb, but it worked just as fine without it. Granted i have a straight shot into the TB through an OTRCAI. A honeycomb airflow straightener won't hurt it.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dreadpirateroberts
Again, not hard to tune. I mean, i guess tuning can be hard, but generating MAF cal tables shouldn't be for a competent tuner.

I ran a saxonpc honeycomb, but it worked just as fine without it. Granted i have a straight shot into the TB through an OTRCAI. A honeycomb airflow straightener won't hurt it.
My main concern is drive ability I read some positive and some negative and was really just trying to see who has used this setup and had success.