Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L96 Swap Codes and Stall

Old 04-04-2019, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L96 Swap Codes and Stall

Noob here, finally to the point of starting my L96 project after two years of off and on work and am struggling with codes and running issues.

The 2010 L96 is stock with the exception of late Camaro exh manifolds and a Vintage Air compressor on aftermarket bracket. The original ecu and replacement tcu for the 4L65E have been flashed by Current Performance who also supplied the harness. Anti-theft and cyl deactivate were deleted. The stock truck intake and DBW TB is in place. I'm using Dakota Digital VHX instruments with their BIM module to read off the OBDII port. There are short pipes and Os sensors on the exh manifolds but no exhaust system.

When I first started it there was an immediate stall which I chalked up to air in the fuel rails, etc. but this continued. I discovered that my pedal assy (GM 20827131) had the wrong plug for my harness and the contacts were not connecting. Of course, this starting resulted in codes from no pedal signal. The problem is that I haven't been able to erase those codes, they show as "permanent" on the screen of my OBDII tool, even after installing a pigtail to adapt the oval harness plug to the rectangle pedal plug. So now I have the same codes and the same start and stall issue as before where the engine starts immediately but then stalls 2 or 3 seconds later. The pedal does work the TB when pressed.

The codes are:
P0122 Throttle Position Sensor Circuit 1 Low Voltage
P0223 Throttle Position Sensor Circuit 2 High Voltage
P0315 Crankshaft Position System Not Learned
P2122 Accelerator Pedal Sensor Circuit 1 Low Voltage

I'm wondering if I just have the wrong pedal for this application but CP didn't think so when they supplied the pigtail adapter. I'm also lost as to what the start/stall issue is and why the codes can't be erased. Perhaps the computer resets the codes as the fault still exists, perhaps the pedal is wrong, the TPS damaged or some pins in the wrong place. I haven't checked fuel pressure but the pump certainly starts when the ign key is turned on.

I guess things aren't as 'plug and play' in the LS world as I'd thought though its not exactly a mishmash of parts with a homemade harness, etc... Any input is greatly appreciated!!!
Old 04-04-2019, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, VATS is disabled and the ECU is an E38.

The wiring to the pedal is confusing. The harness as supplied has the oval plug with the following order: Brown, Dk Blue, Wht/Blk, Tan/Blk, Lt Blue/Wht, Purple
But the Pigtail changes this around so it ends differently going into the pedal with the following order: Tan/Blk, Wht/Blk, Dk Blue, Brown, Purple, Lt Blue/Wht
The only wiring diagram for later LS engines with DBW that i can find show a different color order: Wht/Blk, Dk Blue, Brown, Tan/Blk, Lt Blue/Wht, Purple

If this is the issue then which is right going into the rectangle plug pedal? I've heard that two pins must be swapped to go from oval to rectangle, maybe that's the Brown and Wht/Blk beween the harness and the wiring diagram?

Any and all help will be appreciated...

Search this Thread