Notices
Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 ECU cable driven

Old 05-21-2019, 02:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 ECU cable driven

I have an LS2 pull out (06 GTO) with mated ECU.
I want to use the stock ECU as a standalone ECU in an s14 swap that i will be doing a drive by cable throttle body.
Is this ECU able to be mapped to run a drive by cable throttle body instead of the stock drive by wire throttle body, or do i need to get a different ECU?

thank you.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by obadger View Post
I want to use the stock ECU as a standalone ECU in an s14 swap that i will be doing a drive by cable throttle body.
Is this ECU able to be mapped to run a drive by cable throttle body instead of the stock drive by wire throttle body, or do i need to get a different ECU?
Info.

More info.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

DBW is superior in ever way imaginable.

Andrew
Old 05-24-2019, 09:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TipsyMcStagger View Post
Wow thank you. This is great information!
Old 05-24-2019, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO View Post
DBW is superior in ever way imaginable.

Andrew
I would pretry much agree with you but i want the simplicity of the cable. But the reason i dont plan on going DBW is that i dont have the peddle and the swap wiring harness i got is for DBW. If i coupd make my harness work i would probably stay DBW. But a Silverado ecu is like 80 bucks and i would need to get a peddle the get it mated to my ECU i have heard just the mating is around 400.
Im also wanting to learn as much as i can so please correct me or give me more info than i need lol.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

DBW is simpler than DBC. Mount the pedal, plug it altogether, voila! throttle hooked up. Might have to do a little tuning, but you have to do that anyway.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by G Atsma View Post
DBW is simpler than DBC. Mount the pedal, plug it altogether, voila! throttle hooked up. Might have to do a little tuning, but you have to do that anyway.
So am i wrong about needing to have the and peddle and the ECU mated together?

Also my wiring specialties harness is made for DBW. Im not sure it can be modified to work.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

If the harness is made for DBW, you're set! The pedal (NOT peddle, which means to sell), ECU, and TB are all plugged into the harness.
Old 05-25-2019, 07:28 AM
TECH Resident

... But the reason i dont plan on going DBW is that i dont have the peddle and the swap wiring harness i got is for DBW.
Also my wiring specialties harness is made for DBW. Im not sure it can be modified to work.
You're creating confusion. Is your harness DBC or DBW?

If i could make my harness work i would probably stay DBW. But a Silverado ecu is like 80 bucks and i would need to get a peddle the get it mated to my ECU i have heard just the mating is around 400.
Im also wanting to learn as much as i can so please correct me or give me more info than i need lol.
So am i wrong about needing to have the and peddle and the ECU mated together?
If you have a 2006 E40 PCM with a GTO OS, you will need a pedal from an '05-'06 GTO, which can be hard to come by.

But, you can have the E40 PCM flashed with the OS from an '06 SSR if you're using a T56, or '06 TBSS OS if you're using an auto trans, and use a TBSS/SSR pedal, which are available and inexpensive.

Again, if the harness is already DBW, you're all set.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:39 AM
On The Tree

thank you.
I'm running the exact same ecu and you don't have to use the gto pedal. You can use one from the last impala SS that had the 5.3 in it which is also the exact same pedal that comes in alot of large gm sedans. I'll try to find the part # for you.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

The GTO pedal and the Impala SS pedals have a different connector.

Andrew
Old 05-25-2019, 12:03 PM
TECH Resident

The GTO pedal and the Impala SS pedals have a different connector.

Andrew
It's easily enough to repin a new connector, but I've honestly never heard of the Impala SS pedal working with the E40 GTO OS. I'm not saying it won't...I've just never heard that it will.

Unless lawrenq is running a different OS in his E40 and failed to include that info in his post?
Old 05-25-2019, 12:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

I don't know if it will work or not. My general guideline is to stay away from GTO and TBSS parts as they tend to be unique and don't play well with others.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:32 PM
TECH Resident

I don't know if it will work or not. My general guideline is to stay away from GTO and TBSS parts as they tend to be unique and don't play well with others.
LOL...yeah, the E40 doesn't get a lot of love. And I can't speak from a position of authority because I've been dragging my swap out for 4+ years.

But I'm in the garage today working on wiring and I'm using a 2006 GTO E40 with a 2006 SSR OS flash and a
15145758 15145758
pedal (TBSS/SSR). But I'm not up and running yet, so we can only wait and see. And I chose this setup specifically to have functioning cruise control, which the GTO OS flash cannot do on its own (without the PIM/BCM), but SSR flash reportedly can.
Old 05-25-2019, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Thank you all so very much!
Sorry for my spelling and what a cool bunch for not berating me for that or my mistake of saying DBW harness.
I have a DBC harness.
I have been thinking of selling my harness and just buying the proper harness for my set up.
Old 05-25-2019, 01:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have been thinking of selling my harness and just buying the proper harness for my set up.
That would be your best bet.
Old 05-25-2019, 02:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Why don't you considered the Holley TerminatorX?

Andrew
Old 05-26-2019, 09:00 AM
Teching In

Why don't you considered the Holley TerminatorX?

Andrew
I got a swap kit for a great deal that came with the harness. I planned on getting a ls1 or a junkyard 5.3. So it all would have been plug and play with no issues. But i gpt a good deal on a ls2 and t56 pull out so thats what changed the direction a bit. Im glad you asked because now that i considered getting a new harness i didn't think about other options. So thank you. Also i dont know much about other EFI controlers so now i need to look into them. I sure would like a nice display!
Old 05-26-2019, 09:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

I got a swap kit for a great deal that came with the harness. I planned on getting a ls1 or a junkyard 5.3. So it all would have been plug and play with no issues. But i gpt a good deal on a ls2 and t56 pull out so thats what changed the direction a bit. Im glad you asked because now that i considered getting a new harness i didn't think about other options. So thank you. Also i dont know much about other EFI controlers so now i need to look into them. I sure would like a nice display!
Tons of information here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...minator-x.html

I recently helped a buddy install a terminator X Max on a buddies 70 GTO. Works awesome. With the Terminator X you are not tied into the whole 58x4x vs. 24x1x or DBC or DBW, etc....You can mix and match as you desire. So for instance, if you got an "oddball" 24x gen4 (GTO LS2) engine, this will easily run it. I like the Max because it has DBW and auto trans control. I know you're running a manual, but the speed input comes through the transmission connector. It's great to have both DBW and speed inputs into the ECU, because then you can add custom tuning features based on those functions.

Andrew
Old 05-26-2019, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Tons of information here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...minator-x.html

I recently helped a buddy install a terminator X Max on a buddies 70 GTO. Works awesome. With the Terminator X you are not tied into the whole 58x4x vs. 24x1x or DBC or DBW, etc....You can mix and match as you desire. So for instance, if you got an "oddball" 24x gen4 (GTO LS2) engine, this will easily run it. I like the Max because it has DBW and auto trans control. I know you're running a manual, but the speed input comes through the transmission connector. It's great to have both DBW and speed inputs into the ECU, because then you can add custom tuning features based on those functions.

Andrew
Wow thanks man. Ya i like the "universal" ability of the holly. I know someone that s
Has done the megasquirt route but it look like thats mire specific than the holly.

Im also leaning thing like the 06 gto style E40..
And i am seeing 58x and 24x and dont exactly get that yet lol

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: