Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV routing using LS6 Intake W/Truck Throttle Body

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2019 | 09:27 AM
On The Tree

Default PCV routing using LS6 Intake W/Truck Throttle Body

Hello everyone,

A little stuck here. 2006 Escalade with Gen III Engine that I'm putting a new gen III motor in using an LS6 intake (it's what I have, I'll try and change it later maybe to a TBSS). I'm using an LS6 Intake and valley plate. Normal LS6 has the PCV coming from valley plate to the intake just behind the throttle body. Then the fresh air from the car throttle body (Cable driven) goes to the passenger side head. However the LQ9 throttle body (DBW) does not have a fresh air port for the tubes coming off of the valve covers (one on driver side, one on passenger side). So I'm not sure how to route this. Using a speed density tune for what it matters. do I cap the two ports on the valve covers and use a vented oil cap? Just cap them off and use only the PCV coming from the valley cover? Any help is appreciated.
Old 12-12-2019 | 11:44 AM
12 Second Club

Your plan should work fine. Alternatively you could tie the valve cover ports together and then to a source of filtered air.
Since you're speed density it shouldn't matter where the clean air comes from. If you were running a maf it needs to be sourced after the maf and before the throttle.
Old 12-12-2019 | 12:33 PM
Launching!

I know people that just run both valve covers to a vented can and call it good. No clean air source or anything. It wouldn't hurt to find a clean air source though. I didn't know those dbw tbs didn't have ports.
Old 12-12-2019 | 04:20 PM
TECH Veteran

If your intake tube has a port on it run your valve covers to that. That's how it's usually done.

If you can't then you can put a breather filter oil cap on it, or breather filters on the valve covers themselves, a little one on each side.

Sine you aren't going to be running a MAF you can do just about whatever you want.
Old 12-12-2019 | 05:29 PM
11 Second Club
5 Year Member

You should be able to run a breather oil fill cap on the passenger valve cover and since the LS6 valley has built in PCV just connect it to the intake and cap off the valve cover ports.

Quick Reply: PCV routing using LS6 Intake W/Truck Throttle Body