Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Car cranks, no fuel or spark, dash doesn't light up correctly on run

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2020 | 06:40 PM
Teching In

Default Help! Car cranks, no fuel or spark, dash doesn't light up correctly on run

So here goes. I started another thread on this but in had little info on what was actually going on at the time. I've got a 99 firebird formula Ive been building up since the fall. Just got pcm back from tuner 3 days ago. Car ran fine before sending it out. While it was down we cut out some rust spots in the floor and rear wheel wells and welded and body seamed patches. Also put in new rear end gears while it was out. Got the pcm back and installed. The car will crank but wont start plus the dash lights dont come on like normal and just the ses light flickers. As soon as i plug in my scan tool to the OBD2 port all the lights kick on like they should. I have fuel pressure at the rail. I have no 12v at the injectors with my test light. I have no 12v to the coil plugs using test light. I check all the pin outs from the pcm with my test light and didnt find anything wrong. Id usw a volt/ohm meter but in dont have one at this time. Swapped the ignition relay with no change. Checked the 50 amp ignition fuse and it was good but i swapped it anyways with no change. Kicker is all there accessories work fine. Radio comes on and works. Lights work. Battery power to the radio is reading 12.2 volts. Checked and cleaned the battery connections per normal troubleshooting. I'm at a loss. Anyone got an idea?
Old 02-27-2020 | 08:01 AM

Try putting the rusted parts back in ...

Kidding. Check your small pcm fused and accessory fuses. Damned f body electrical system I swear sometimes gives four different power sources to the pcm. Seems as though either the pcm or bcm not getting power

Quick Reply: Help! Car cranks, no fuel or spark, dash doesn't light up correctly on run