Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring harness question

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2024, 09:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Default Wiring harness question

I have a 2011 (stock) wiring harness from a Silverado on my 2000 Camaro. I am using a E38 computer and T42 trans controller (4L80). I am using the stock Silverado underhood fuse box which is huge. I am only using one of the plugs in the back of the box to run my setup. I would like to get rid of the big fuse box and use a small one. Has anyone done this or know how I can move these wires to a small fuse block.. Anyone making an aftermarket replacement. ?? Thanks
Old 02-10-2024, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 184 Likes on 146 Posts

There are PLENTY of vendors making "standalone" engine / transmission / PCM wiring harnesses that don't use the stock underhood fuse box. My El Camino has this harness from a company called "PSI Conversion". They custom built me a harness with longer wires so that I could put my PCM inside my EC with the PCM sitting on top of the glove box under the dash cover . . . out of sight.

You might also consider thinning down all of those PCM wires to only use those wires that are functional in your model year 2000 Camaro. The PSI Conversion harness will also do that for you.

Rick

Quick Reply: Wiring harness question