Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I thinking logically? Couple exhaust options...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 08:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I thinking logically? Couple exhaust options...

To start...

My car is a completely stock LS2 GTO. I still have the factory warranty also. So I really dont wanna void it YET.

Now...

I am wanting to get a lil bit more noise outta her. I have already determinted that my exhaust setup will consist of Kooks & Corsa, and maybe some cutouts...OVER TIME! Now my questions is what order should I do them in? Remembering the fact that I don't think I wanna void the warranty yet, I think the headers will hafta be last...right? Looking at price-wise, the cutouts would be cheaper. Will they void my warranty though? I know that a cat-back is really just sound, w/ not much hp. So I dunno if I am ready to dump that amount of money just for the sound. Same situation w/ the cutouts for the most part? But cheaper. And on another note, I am on a budget for now, but I dont have patience. So a tune couldnt happen any time soon either.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?

TIA!

Jake
Old 04-09-2007, 12:14 AM
TECH Addict

Catback is usually worth more then sound, and that shouldnt void your warranty, the headers might, best thing to do is check with your dealer and get in writting what will and wont void it
Old 04-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Banned

Typically the dealer has to prove what you did to the car caused the failure in order for the warrenty to be voided. Since the Corsa cat back is after the last sensor of the car (rear O2), they can't say it affected anything with the car. We install headers an alot of newer vettes, a few only having a couple hundred miles on them, and have yet to have a dealer void the warrenty. Typically the exhaust system cannot cause anything mechanical or electrical to fail.

If you are going with the Kooks/Corsa set up, you really don't need cut outs. At WOT, even the Touring Corsa system is loud. We just completed a heads/cam, Procharged 05GTO with the 1 7/8" Kooks to Corsa Touring, and that car sounded great at idle, and just cruising around the S/C was louder than the exhaust on the inside, but when you gave it gas, it sounded like the gates of hell opened. This combo is my definite favorite for any LSx based vehicle. Plus if you wanted something more aggressive you could always go with the Corsa Sport (although it's a little on the loud side for my taste when just cruising around).

Quick Reply: Am I thinking logically? Couple exhaust options...