Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Weiand Street Warrior at SEMA

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Devils Mentor
Well I just got off the phone with Weiand. I left a stern message with the product supervisor Shane Weckerly asking for a clear and concise answer on the state of the intake. I told him that due to all the run around that we have received from not only the resellers, but from Weiand themselves, that the intake has become a joke in the LS community and that we need a definitive answer on what is going on. I left my name and number so we'll see if he calls back.

If you wish to try and contact him yourself, his Ex is 1899.

DM
Great idea, unfortunatly as others have said its a bit late because I believe that any market this intake could have had has been so alienated that even if it comes out TOMORROW there is likely to be no real reaction to it.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Banned

Well I heard from Shane Weckerly. He said that the unit is still a go, and that the issues is on the Roo's side (Peter Star in Australia). For anyone in the Orlando area, he will be at the PRI show all this week.

DM
Old 12-08-2009, 05:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CBIII
Great idea, unfortunatly as others have said its a bit late because I believe that any market this intake could have had has been so alienated that even if it comes out TOMORROW there is likely to be no real reaction to it.
Not really. If it ever does come out and it does perform and sells at the price that it was orignally offered at, it will sell.

Fast had all kinds of issues when it came out, and they are all pretty much forgotten now.

Last edited by ROCNDAV; 12-08-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:40 AM
Launching!

Well I heard from Shane Weckerly. He said that the unit is still a go, and that the issues is on the Roo's side (Peter Star in Australia). For anyone in the Orlando area, he will be at the PRI show all this week.

DM
hmm, peter star, and peter@aps. im starting to think they are the same guy.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...t-warrior.html
Old 12-25-2009, 05:16 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bondosgto
hmm, peter star, and peter@aps. im starting to think they are the same guy.
A prize for Sherlock Holmes.

cheers
Old 12-25-2009, 08:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 181 Likes on 140 Posts

Merry Christmas!!

Santa swung by my house last nite and he had one on his sleigh..after a couple of Nogs and comparin timeslips he went back out on his way.

This leaves me wonderin still how the hell are we all still in the dark here..
Old 12-25-2009, 08:59 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I just got off the phone with Weiand. I left a stern message with the product supervisor Shane Weckerly asking for a clear and concise answer on the state of the intake. I told him that due to all the run around that we have received from not only the resellers, but from Weiand themselves, that the intake has become a joke in the LS community and that we need a definitive answer on what is going on. I left my name and number so we'll see if he calls back.

If you wish to try and contact him yourself, his Ex is 1899.

DM
I still think its funny that people feel they are entitled to answers. You are entitled to NOTHING. Your demands make you look silly, your no one special. Keeping the thread going should speak to them, making demands doesn't bother them a bit.

They will do what the want, when they want, irregardless of how you "feel" things should be handled. They have taken their stance long ago, and that's to remain silent no matter how long/bad this thread gets. So keep screaming at a brick wall if you want to, it humors me at least....lol.

I made my point by purchasing the FAST LSXR 102mm intake long ago. Plus Ive seen dyno graphs of this thing and they didn't look anything like the claims.

Last edited by SweetS10V8; 12-25-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SweetS10V8
I still think its funny that people feel they are entitled to answers. You are entitled to NOTHING. Your demands make you look silly, your no one special. Keeping the thread going should speak to them, making demands doesn't bother them a bit.

They will do what the want, when they want, irregardless of how you "feel" things should be handled. They have taken their stance long ago, and that's to remain silent no matter how long/bad this thread gets. So keep screaming at a brick wall if you want to, it humors me at least....lol.

I made my point by purchasing the FAST LSXR 102mm intake long ago. Plus Ive seen dyno graphs of this thing and they didn't look anything like the claims.

Deleted

DM

Last edited by Robin L; 12-28-2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Personal attack
Old 12-28-2009, 04:31 AM
Launching!

Yeah what ever...

DM
You made an *** of yourself not once, but twice now.

If you even bothered reading the first page you would have seen that Weiand/Holley was never developing this intake, but a company out of Australia was. So calling some guy at Weiand and leaving a message with you whining like a little girl just makes you look very silly. Contrary to what your parents tell you, you're not special.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:05 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

It's no different than the guys who protested the demise of the f-body back in 2002, and then went on a letter campain to bring back the firebird, or to save Pontiac.

GM's take probably was that if the general public wanted any of those things, their purses would have spoken many years earlier.

As for this mythical beast. Some people still go searching for bigfoot, so why should we care if the "street warrior" never made it to market. Now if they took money from people, and then folded, that would be a different story.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:16 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

First off as has been stated previously Holley/Weiand has partnered with another company to market the Intake manifold. That company has failed to deliver the product as planned. The people at Holley are as bummed as you and I. If was possible they would have had this on the shelves a year ago. Calling the parties at Holley will do nothing but show your lack of maturity and respect. I have been in contact with Holley regarding this since it’s introduction. I won’t bore you with the details but trust me they are as unhappy as you and I. They monitor this thread and have told me how helpless they feel in this situation.

If you want to continue to discuss this then play nice. Otherwise I don’t see how this thread is constructive in any way. At that point it will disappear.

Robin
Old 12-28-2009, 11:39 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=Hans Grüber;12674020]You made an *** of yourself not once, but twice now.

Deleted

Uless your posts are constructive I will delete them.

I would ask that you keep from the insults and name calling.

Robin

Deleted

DM

Last edited by Robin L; 12-28-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robin L
First off as has been stated previously Holley/Weiand has partnered with another company to market the Intake manifold. That company has failed to deliver the product as planned. The people at Holley are as bummed as you and I. If was possible they would have had this on the shelves a year ago. Calling the parties at Holley will do nothing but show your lack of maturity and respect. I have been in contact with Holley regarding this since it’s introduction. I won’t bore you with the details but trust me they are as unhappy as you and I. They monitor this thread and have told me how helpless they feel in this situation.

If you want to continue to discuss this then play nice. Otherwise I don’t see how this thread is constructive in any way. At that point it will disappear.

Robin
I'm assuming that Holley has explored the possibility of getting a different company to manufacture this for them? Honestly, it boggles my mind that there aren't a thousand companies spitting these things out... we're talking about injection molded plastic here. I guess I just don't understand the difficulties associated with making these.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Jim85IROC
I'm assuming that Holley has explored the possibility of getting a different company to manufacture this for them? Honestly, it boggles my mind that there aren't a thousand companies spitting these things out... we're talking about injection molded plastic here. I guess I just don't understand the difficulties associated with making these.
bingo! even a roto mold would do it. its not like the lsx hasnt been made in a few hundred, they have made millions! probably the only thing holding them from making it is the return on their investment
Old 12-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Man there are some gullible people in this thread..... I've got one to sell if someone is interested.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:58 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thread closed.

We will open this back up if and when they start to ship manifolds.

Have a great day!

Quick Reply: New Weiand Street Warrior at SEMA