Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Primary and lenght size in LS7 headers???

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 02:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Primary and lenght size in LS7 headers???

What do you guys recomend for a "good combo" when looking for a header for LS7 with no cats . Just 3" dual pipes with X and flowmasters.

Corvette guys seems to like long tube headers. Is there any gain going on 2" primarys and 31" tube lenght ? or do i get same results with 1 7/8" pipes?

My motor will be close to stock or just with katech cam and springs( + tune offcourse )
Old 11-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Staging Lane

2 in is too big it will kill your low end we ran 1 7/8 on our ls-7 its way over 700hp bigger is not always better
Old 11-13-2007, 05:33 PM

Default header design, and bore size

Need some advice/reassurance on headers (manifolds).

The LS2 engine has an LS6 camshaft with standard ECU. Without a catalytic converter.

The exhaust system will be side exits (unfortunately, i have no space available for a tuning/balancing pipe linking both sides of exhaust system).

Believe that I want 1 3/4 inch pipes going into a 4-into-1 collector with a 2 1/2 inch outlet leading to my silencers (I already have the silencers, and want to use them).

Alternatively should I go for a 4-into-2-into-1 manifold. My thinking against this has been the amount of torque that the LS2 engine already produces, for my light RWD drive (car will weigh 700kg - about 1,500LB)

The purpose of car will be biased towards road going. While it will be used on hillclimbs, sprints, trackdays and Nurburgring, it must equally be useable for trips to shops etc.

Thanks
Kevin

Quick Reply: Primary and lenght size in LS7 headers???