Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone using a breather oil cap?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 09:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Haans249
So you're saying that you're not running the PCV valve? Ever thought about putting it back on and seeing how much oil you then use? If you have this catch can, I don't see how you could be sucking up oil through it. It is baffled AND has filters.

Post a picture of what you're running right now, I'm curious....whether I want to run a catch can now.
Check out my set up. It seemed to work pretty good for a while. Until I dropped my sleeves.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Stang's Bane
Check out my set up. It seemed to work pretty good for a while. Until I dropped my sleeves.
You dropped your sleeves?! Who did your block, and how did the sleeves drop? What did it sound like when it happened? I can only imagine =D

What catch can are you using? Looks decent. I still really like the look of the norris can though..
Old 07-31-2008, 10:45 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Here's a picture of my engine bay. I took a -10 AN hose from the drivers side, ran it around to a T fitting on the passenger's side, then ran that down to a Moroso catch can.

The valley cover and the TB connections are both capped off, and the valve covers don't have any of the stock PCV crap on it.

Catch can does it's job, catches oil/water, and vents the crankcase fine.

Last edited by JL ws-6; 08-14-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Here's a picture of my engine bay. I took a -10 AN hose from the drivers side, ran it around to a T fitting on the passenger's side, then ran that down to a Moroso catch can.

The valley cover and the TB connections are both capped off, and the valve covers don't have any of the stock PCV crap on it.

Catch can does it's job, catches oil/water, and vents the crankcase fine.
can i get a link to that catch can, ive been looking for one with a breather!!
Old 07-31-2008, 09:00 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

It's a moroso one, has a -12 AN fitting on the side. I used a -12 to -10 fitting to drop it down to the size of the hose I ran from the valve covers (used -10 on the covers because that's what they had welded on them for a fitting)

I bought it thru summit, just look for a breather can, there's lots of sizes and styles out there.

Quick Reply: anyone using a breather oil cap?