Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has best deal on L92 heads?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing bad towards a sponsor of this great site, But I personally disagree with them having great customer service. The guy I talked to about a month ago was very rude on what i was wanting to build. I own one of there cams now but i will not buy my shortblock from them since the rudeness I got from them.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:06 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by flippincamaro
Nothing bad towards a sponsor of this great site, But I personally disagree with them having great customer service. The guy I talked to about a month ago was very rude on what i was wanting to build. I own one of there cams now but i will not buy my shortblock from them since the rudeness I got from them.
See, thats the forum at work. I can tell my experiences all day but if 2c5 and others have opposite experiences, that helps make your next decision.

I can say this. Vengeance should have an L92 head out real soon so I would just wait and see how they do before buying anything.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
See, thats the forum at work. I can tell my experiences all day but if 2c5 and others have opposite experiences, that helps make your next decision.

Your experiance ordering parts as a moderator to the board they advertise on? Get real!

Don't be so foolish to think I'm the only one aware of TSP's shoddy QC. I'm surprised this thread is still here and has not been deleted like most others.

I'll ask again, did you ever flow or pour the heads you bought from them? Did you verify what you paid for? Simple questions...........

Buying a cam, springs and pushrods means zippo for quality, they don't make them. You could have bought those parts direct. I'll give TSP credit for offering some decently priced parts, sometimes. That's it though.

I've seen first hand what happens when they don't deliver the product advertised.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:47 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by 2c5s
Your experiance ordering parts as a moderator to the board they advertise on? Get real!

Don't be so foolish to think I'm the only one aware of TSP's shoddy QC. I'm surprised this thread is still here and has not been deleted like most others.

I'll ask again, did you ever flow or pour the heads you bought from them? Did you verify what you paid for? Simple questions...........

Buying a cam, springs and pushrods means zippo for quality, they don't make them. You could have bought those parts direct. I'll give TSP credit for offering some decently priced parts, sometimes. That's it though.

I've seen first hand what happens when they don't deliver the product advertised.
I never poured the heads and I never cam doctored the cams but in all fairness each vendor on here would vary with thier heads and cam specs too.
The cams, springs and heads all performed well. No problems.

I have never had a problem with TSP but since you have, get over it.

If you dont have any advice on L92's (other than "you get what you pay for"), start your own thread on how TSP owes you a hug.

As far as being a mod, my experience on here is what the forum is for.

I had great experience with

TSP
Byunspeed
SDPC
LS1speed
Vengeance
LM speed
and many others.

Think Im getting discounts there man? As a matter of fact, I have yet to have a bad experience with any vendor on LS1tech.

The only vendor I have ever had a issue with was with HBH on Modularfords. To make things fair.

Last edited by JayplaySS; 10-02-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, Jon at TSP is a very nice guy and very customer friendly. He has pm me an we took care of the problem i had with them. Thanks Jon for coming forward on the situation. I will be talking to you in a few months!
Old 11-30-2008, 08:36 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
If you dont have any advice on L92's (other than "you get what you pay for"), start your own thread on how TSP owes you a hug.
youre a mod right? That seems like a childish comment to make..

I ordered a rotating assembly from TSP a year ago from John (Jon?) Reynolds. He was great to work with, and took care of me. The pricing was great but when I got my parts,(2 days earlier than i thought I would, it seems they shipped them express) they had sent .010 pistons instead of .030 (i ordered a 408 rot. assy... why the sent me .010 still baffles me). I called john, expressed my dismay and i had my .030 pistons 2 days later. The gear on the crank was bent as if it were drug on the ground or something, but that could just as easily been fedex fault. I called john about it and he said to go ahead and send it back and they would get a new one out to me. I had my builder fix the one I had and that was the end of it.

Ive heard some pretty shitty stories about TSPs heads when it came to quality, but ive also heard alot of good things too... My feelings with TSP are mixed but i do see from my experience that they are willing to fix their mistakes without an issue. I will be considering their l92s as well as vengeance Racing when theirs comes out (amazing customer service also!)

I dont think this really helped since ive got mixed comments, so take it as you will.

Quick Reply: Who has best deal on L92 heads?