Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

carb setup fuel level gauge sending unit

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carb setup fuel level gauge sending unit

I have a customer with a 2001 z28 and he has switched to carb on his 427lsx. We have gotten everything on the car working except the fuel level gauge. I know this is controlled by the PCM in direct data and ground thru the grey wire. He has removed the PCM and all wiring but the wiring is there from the tank still. Is there any gauges that will work with the stock sending unit ? or another way of wiring it ? Thanks
Old 09-07-2008, 06:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 3timeracin
I have a customer with a 2001 z28 and he has switched to carb on his 427lsx. We have gotten everything on the car working except the fuel level gauge. I know this is controlled by the PCM in direct data and ground thru the grey wire. He has removed the PCM and all wiring but the wiring is there from the tank still. Is there any gauges that will work with the stock sending unit ? or another way of wiring it ? Thanks
I am pretty sure that an auto meter fuel level gauge could be hooked up with no problems But to find out how to make the factory gauge work you might have better luck posting this in the conversions section I am sure it has been done in there before.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:21 PM
9 Second Club

I tried the programmable fuel level gauge from autometer and after several attempts, I still cannot get it to work....only thing I can think is I chose the wrong signal wire. If you have any luck at all, please post up.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I replaced the entire stock fuel level sender and pump set up. I got a Summit sending unit and made a 1/8" thick stainless steel disk that adapted the standard 5 hole mount to the locking ring that holds the stock unit in. Then you can use a standard autometer level gauge
Old 09-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Launching!

got it to work with a programmable from autometer used the purple wire from the tank for signal check to make sure it had at least 5 volts first and it works ? not 100% accurate but pretty close.

Quick Reply: carb setup fuel level gauge sending unit