Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Texas Speed 402

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 06:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Im glad to hear the other TSP customers are happy, must just be a bad experience out of many good ones. good luck all
Old 11-18-2008, 09:22 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks everyone for the input and I am sorry some people are not happy with their purchase. But from the great feedback form other customers thats why I bought from Texas Speed, and I hope the motor runs great. All I want is a good reliable motor. Thanks Matt for all your help!
Old 11-19-2008, 01:07 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WADDISME
I have 1k mi on my TSP 402 with no problems yet. No leaks, no smoke, no complaints, great oil pressure, plenty of power. Breakin is done just waiting on final tune. I have a track day at VIR Dec 1st, so we will see.
We have a very similar setup...Post up your #'s once you get it all tuned.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:10 PM
TECH Resident

Just waiting on tuner to call!
Old 11-19-2008, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by z28boysteve
I would rather have the motor built by the shop that does 20 or 30 than thousands, I worked at a small machine shop and they built every race motor as if it was there own ensuring every detail of the motor was perfect, they would even re-tap every stinking hole in the entire block, and then de-burr every sharp edge so the guy assembling the longblock dont cut his hands!
I can assure you that Sunset Racecraft does outstanding second to none work. If I understand this correctly did TSP send out an assembled short block or just some of the rotating assembly?
Old 11-20-2008, 12:03 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by z28boysteve
I would rather have the motor built by the shop that does 20 or 30 than thousands, I worked at a small machine shop and they built every race motor as if it was there own ensuring every detail of the motor was perfect, they would even re-tap every stinking hole in the entire block, and then de-burr every sharp edge so the guy assembling the longblock dont cut his hands!

I would rather have my engine built by the company that has the best record. If a company has a good track record and great customer service, of course they'll have built thousands of engines. Im sure Texas Speed has made mistakes during their history, but Im sure HKE has too as well as any other business. Everybody wants perfect but nobody is perfect.

Quick Reply: Texas Speed 402