Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Planning an LS2 build. I think.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 10:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Planning an LS2 build. I think.

Alright, here's the deal.
I'm coming into a lot of disposable income in a few months, and a lot of spare time along with it.

and that means that I want to build an engine.

I've been lurking around, and can't really find anything that addresses me...

I think that I'm looking at an LS2 block engine. Either stock 364 or maybe a 402 or something else... I'm open to suggestions.

I'd like to go with a procharger, and have the engine safe up to 20psi (reads, reliable at 14ish?) So forged internals and such.

My goals are ~600rwhp with the engine and procharger. What options am I looking at CR vs. Boost to get here? suggestions appreciated.
I have only 91 octane available around me. so I figure that will limit it.

It seems like that's about the most that's really streetable (and i hear that the super is more efficient than huge cubes... even if I do have the money to pay for gas, i'd like to be able to drive more than 20 miles without filling up) but I love how supercharged engines react when you drive them (turbos aren't really my thing... they don't feel as solid IMHO)

But i'd also like to put a 150-200 shot of nitrous on top of that. would a direct port be the best option as long as I'm doing a ground-up build? once again, IMO, it sounds like the best all-around option, but looking for suggestions. And I think they look best in the engine bay. (hey, if you don't smile at everything in your engine bay, why is it there?)

I'd like suggestions for setups, combos, kits, whatever you want to call them.
What would I need to get for this build?
Who's block/what size? what crank, rods, cam, how much boost, who's nitrous setup, etc...

And I would be okay with buying a pre-packaged kit, but just out of a quest for knowledge I'd like to be able to buy one in pieces and at least put it together (kind of like a lego kit? lol)

I'm a newb, sorry... but I do want to learn. That's what this is all about...

THANK YOU!!!
I'd like a reliable ride... with a big bite to matc
Old 12-11-2008, 04:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to vengeance they can help you out. That is who I go to, with no issues at all. My car is there right now getting fix because of it last tuner.

Quick Reply: Planning an LS2 build. I think.