Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Testing Amsoil 2u Ultra Oil Filter

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009 | 08:59 PM
On The Tree

Default Testing Amsoil 2u Ultra Oil Filter

I saw an impressive demonstration of this Ea By-Pass Oil Filter. The box states "98.7% Effecient "Absolute" at 2 Microns per ISO 4548-12". Also states "A soot removal device that helps extend oil drain intervals in modern diesel engines".

The demonstration consists of the filter, a pump and an open-top oil reservoir. Amsoil sells it. The rep dumped some black stuff in the clear oil in the reservoir and within a few seconds the oil cleared from black to amber. Amazing.

So, I went to buy a filter and adapter, to set it up my own thing just like he had. This was was like $75 and was to test it out before I shelled out $250 to put in on my car. He made some resistance, which I found odd, but he couldn't get specific, except he said the demo contained mineral oil.

I made the same setup. I ran it for 30 minues. No change. I then bypassed the reservoir and ran it between the pump and filter only, for five minutes. A small quantity to filter.

The "before" and "after" are above, but I forgot which one is which.
Old 01-03-2009 | 09:22 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah, some of those are just that (smoke and mirrors). I'm getting ready to put the FS2500 on my Truck. So far with all of the research that has been done, this one shows the best results. I know it's quite a bit more but hey if it keeps the oil clean it's worth it to me.

Here is the site: www.fs2500.com

Good luck with your project.

Quick Reply: Testing Amsoil 2u Ultra Oil Filter