Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

F.A.S.T Fuel rail problem???

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 09:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default F.A.S.T Fuel rail problem???

i figured id post this in here bc i could not get no replies in the fuel delivery section so i would like to see what people in here had to say or see if anyone else has had this problem.....

Well i installed fast fuel rails on my car, and now when i start it it runs fine for a few seconds, when i get in my car to take off or give it gas it kind of sputters/misses out, it is blinking a check engine light and it goes off when i let the car idle down.... Im trying to find out if i need to upgrade my fuel pump or what not to run these fuel rails, or what i need to do.....
Old 03-02-2009, 10:00 PM
10 Second Club

oh by the way when i turn the car off and scan it it says no codes found.......
Old 03-03-2009, 02:31 AM
11 Second Club

i happen to have a walbro 255lph in my GTO with these rails, but i dont know if its needed. mine is in a 402 with 42# SVO injectors

is it possible your getting too much fuel at the injectors now? ive got a fuel pressure gauge on mine, and i believe my pressure is a little higher now than it was with the stock rail and walbro. but then again, i was measuring it at the schrader valve on the end of the stock rail, and now its inline before the rails.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you might have left something unplugged... i just added fuel rails to my car and it ran the exact same after installation...
Old 03-03-2009, 06:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The fuel rails require no changes. Ive run them on many many engines.

Is your fuel system returnless or have a return? How did your o-rings look? Did you lightly lube/grease them before installation? I alway find that everything goes together with a little white grease.

Get the car running and spray around the base of the injectors looking for vacuum leaks with Quick dry electronics cleaner. It leaves ZERO residue, dries almost instantly but still can make it through a leak to be burned by the engine. Its about $5 a can.

Quick Reply: F.A.S.T Fuel rail problem???